"Every day is a beautiful day" Elwood P. Dowd AOD Member AOD_PapaPnut's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Default Tank Crew Training

Ok, so some of them are obvious, but some of the crew and crew functions are a mystery. The driver, gunner, and loader are pretty obvious. So should the Tank Commander and Radio Operator. However, where I've seen some impact of training points spent on the former, I've yet to notice any performance impact to any crew points spent on the commander or radio guy. Are they implemented yet?? Is pouring points into the commander and radio operator useless??

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

As far as I was aware (and I could be wrong), the Crew Skills on Tanks aren't turned on yet.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Thanks, so I'm hallucinating the other had an effect.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Sirjacob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have tested this, and on tanks where I have week crew no training it's not an easy kill, and I am an easy kill, same tank with ace crew in that tank, I one shot people and can survive hits that should have been one shots.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain AOD_Whaleco's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

What do those machine gun skills do (guess for the radio operator)... Does anyone use them?

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Whaleco View Post
    What do those machine gun skills do (guess for the radio operator)... Does anyone use them?
    The machine guns will be turned on soon. What for? No idea.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    The machine guns will be turned on soon. What for? No idea.
    Save you shells for light targets, like the AAA guns, trucks, and artillery emplacements? Only things soft I can think of in the game.

Well, and since people are shelling planes, the MGs might be useful there as well. Depending on firing arcs of course.

But agree, really don't see the point in going through the effort of making them work. Maybe in reality it is just so they can test multi-turret tanks on live in a controlled way?

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I haven't yet run out of ammo with my main gun. Though I was down to 10 shells once on my Panther on Kursk.

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    As far as I was aware (and I could be wrong), the Crew Skills on Tanks aren't turned on yet.

Found this in the forums, this is the only Gaijin comment on tank crew skills I can find. It's from 3/18/2014 .

Q: Which ones of the crew skills (GF) are working and which ones will be working in the near future?

A: Field repair skill is working and affecting how fast tank parts could be repaired.
    Tank driving skill affecting how fast driver can change gears and how he brakes. And will affect a bit more in near future.
    Gunner targeting is affecting how effectively gunner uses turret drives, and could he operate both at the same time, or not. Rangefinding will probably work in near future, we need to finalize it's design.
    Commander's leadership is affecting everyone on the tank. High leadership means more effective crew, so all their skills are affected.
    Loader's reloading skill is affecting how fast he can reload, obviously.
    Other skills will be implemented in near future.

There is a lot of "Anecdotal" discussion that indicates some more skills may have been implemented, but are not too noticeable until the points are pretty high. I knew I wasn't hallucinating when I noticed at least repair skill and loading skill do have an impact. Repair speed is also effected by researching the spare parts pack. Would be nice to get a more current statement from Gaijin about what tank crew traits are implemented and how they currently work. This should be included in patch release notes.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Sirjacob's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have over 650 skills in my main slot and when you do ice it is very noticable, I used the sv-2 to test it and found the reload time was reduced by 10 seconds at my skill level.