All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Sound Card suggestions?

Hey there, well, I bought a new set of speakers (Logitech z506) and I realized that my Motherboard doesn't has ports for 5.1 Surround, BTW too many people say that a Sound Card is better. And I want to buy one, just for hear the 5.1 well... Because when I play videogames, it's hard to find an enemy, all the sound from the back it is giving me in the side speakers (Right and Left in the same time), and well... I can't enjoy the music because they produce a little static because of the components.

Any suggestions?

Also, bad English is bad.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What version of Windows are you running?

All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Falklan View Post
    What version of Windows are you running?
    PC:
    FX 6300 3.5 Ghz
    GTX 750 1 GB
    8 RAM 1600 Mhz
    GA-78LMTUSB3 (Rev 5.0)

Windows 10 64 Bits

As you can see the PCI Express x1 port it's 100% blocked by the GPU. so I'll install it in the PCI slot.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I read up on a several audio cards and lots of people are having problems in Win 10 x64. There are several "Creative" cards without Win 10 drivers at all...

I searched several places for a decent price/quality card and I keep running across the driver/software problem reviews. I'm not sure where to point you at this time.

It really gets to me when the companies that build equipment, like your speaker system, continue to maintain the OLD and OUTDATED 3.5mm and RCA connectors only. That's ridiculous at this point and time.

Example: MSI GTX 650 ti Boost produces 7.1 Surround Sound x 64bit...

Even a damn video card produces better quality audio than most dedicated sound cards... Slap on a good AVR w/bookshelf surround speakers and a powered subwoofer and your PC audio is downright sick.