Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue HELLRAPTOR's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Idea for AOD mini Game

This is something I used to do in the past clans for FPS games like the Call of Duty titles, BF2 and BF3, Counter-Strike and so on.... We would do this mini game called "Point Game" for what ever game we play. Been doing "Point Game" for about 10 years. We had to fine tune the rules a little to fit that game to make it fare. I used the "Point Game" system for War Thunder to try to make it fare and work pretty good. I can only get this to work for Arcade Battles. HB and FRB will be very hard to even work right. We can make this into like and event if you guys like this idea and want to really play.

So here is a link to my website I have for the rules on "Point Game" for War Thunder...

http://kingraptor.com/AODPointGame/PointGame.html

Please leave comment on what you think about this. Love to see feed back.

Thanks for reading this.

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I like this game. My only concern would be people taking it too seriously.

If it takes off we could even create a forum medal for it.

(Airplane game pun fully intended)

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I like it except for Arcade only. All of the rules work easily in any of the three game modes so I would say simply let the people who wish to participate in whatever mode it is they want to play and just have separate tracking for Arcade and HB points (I Don't think we have enough FRB players for it to be a concern)

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes DaddyWabbit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I like the concept but hate the extra work it implies...so i would play it, but honestly It would suck for anyone to have run/admin it and have to track points and screenshots etc...bah.

and one question ? I'm assuming this would have to be an all clan member custom match to count?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue HELLRAPTOR's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Idea for AOD mini Game

it will be public play like we do when we squad up. What we will do is have the members get into squads. I would like to have 2 squads time in together if able. However we don't have to do that. can have each squad compete within their self which is fine. As far as custom battles, if everyone rather do that we can no big deal. Would be something new to me. In past we always made it public play cause your also going up agents other good players and it keeps the game fresh that anything can happen. We liked that way a lot and had a lot of fun out of it. As far as keeping scores. It is very easy to do. After doing it for the first 2 games it becomes easy. I don't mind keeping scores.

Any rules you see that needs to be change..... feel free to let us know.

oh and for HB.... I don't know how to make the rules for it. So if you guys can make the rules for it that will be great.

The Nicely One that is Nice! Nicelinice's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Looks cool, Dannes maybe a new event ;)

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Blankwindow's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HELLRAPTOR View Post
    it will be public play like we do when we squad up. What we will do is have the members get into squads. I would like to have 2 squads time in together if able. However we don't have to do that. can have each squad compete within their self which is fine. As far as custom battles, if everyone rather do that we can no big deal. Would be something new to me. In past we always made it public play cause your also going up agents other good players and it keeps the game fresh that anything can happen. We liked that way a lot and had a lot of fun out of it. As far as keeping scores. It is very easy to do. After doing it for the first 2 games it becomes easy. I don't mind keeping scores.

Any rules you see that needs to be change..... feel free to let us know.

oh and for HB.... I don't know how to make the rules for it. So if you guys can make the rules for it that will be great.
    The rules you outlines would work exactly the same as in arcade except rule 1 and 2..

Before loading in to queue, The group agrees (Or Point leader decides, but I like group better) on plane max tier and plane class. (Since your limited to one spawn/plane per game in HB) so everyone says tier X maximum , Y nation, Z Class type ( fighter, heavy fighter, dive bomber, medium bombers, ect).

So besides rules 1/2 in relation to plane selection and rule 7 obviously. Everything else would work without any change.

EDIT: may also need to decide on max production year after 1.37 update pre round start Along with X, Y, and Z

Hell KDR will be easier because an average HB round is 1-3 air kills, A great round is 5+ air kills (An "Ace" round). So KDR is exceptionally easy to calculate. And you can "Die" while still getting repaired just like in arcade so can s'till be negative points too. I've finished a round of hb 4 air kills, 8-10 ground kills, and 6 "deaths" from when the 109 had a "bug" (sarcasm) in it for nose typing on landing. Counted as a death each landing but only a 45 second repair lol. But I never died, just broke my prop. but would be negative score on your system which I like.
    Last edited by AOD_Blankwindow; 12-08-2013 at 11:34 PM.