Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Corsair H110i Water Cooling

So, I had this amazing moment today when Amazon knocked on my doors and delivered my new water cooler Corsair H110i.

I had DeepCool Captain 120 for a year now and after it had a hiccup 2 days ago I decided to finally get a new water cooler and go with 280mm rad instead of 120mm.
    With DeepCool I was able to overclock my i5 6600k to 4.2 Ghz and keep temperatures around or below 60C at full load.

If anyone has i5 6600k and Corsair H110i, how far did you go in overclocking with this cooler?

I hope I made the right choice. I was thinking about x61 Kraken at first but then changed my mind and went with Corsair H110i.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20161012_115401.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	26511
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20161012_115419.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	26512

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Boba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This isn't exactly what you are looking for but I have the 110s little brother, the H60, cooling my 980ti. It dropped the load temps 20c and I've been very happy with it. I'm sure the 110 will be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let the rivers flow red with the blood of our enemies PS_Anubis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have the H100i i got mid summer, I dont have the i5 6600k, but i have the i5 4690k. Its stock speed is 3.5Ghz, and Without a single issue, BSOD or hiccup, I did 4.0Ghz(same as i had with my Evo 212) was fine. Restarted and jumped to 4.5Ghz and Still runs perfectly.

Idle temps ~20-25c With ambient room temp roughly the same. Under heavy load ~80%+ usage, Temps hover about 60c.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

quick check around with the 6600k i see ~4.5-4.8Ghz with speeds and temps around ~60c.

With some good tweaking and luck of winning the Silicone Lottery, You never know, you could hit up to 5.0Ghz if done right

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks guys! So, I finally installed it and right now just checking idle temps while browsing internet and it sits around 25 - 28 C considering that my ambient is about 23 C. So, I'm getting about 5 C less already in idle, while with DeepCool I was getting around 32C in idle. Also, it's so so so much quieter. Will be stress testing tonight and will let you know how it goes. Gonna try to overclock more too.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What do you guys use to control fan speed? Do you use Corsair Link software? When I set to Balanced the fans go crazy even though system is in idle mode and CPU temps are below 30C.
    Before I installed Corsair Link I used ASUS settings in BIOS and it was quiet.
    I have ASUS Z170 Maximus Viii Hero motherboard.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I use corsair link myself yes as i like to control the cooling in windows. I have various speed profiles. I personally do not like it auto adjusting speed, so idle i have it 25% fan speeds, Anything besides mid-high end games i keep at 50% and high end stuff nearly maxing out cpu (well close enough...) i do 90% speed. IMO the stock fans that came with it are fairly quiet already ( i see people bitching their loud, maybe bad fans batch?).

Plus i use corsair link for the LED to make it red, as red case, red cpu, red ram covers... white just looks wrong :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PS_Anubis View Post
    I use corsair link myself yes as i like to control the cooling in windows. I have various speed profiles. I personally do not like it auto adjusting speed, so idle i have it 25% fan speeds, Anything besides mid-high end games i keep at 50% and high end stuff nearly maxing out cpu (well close enough...) i do 90% speed. IMO the stock fans that came with it are fairly quiet already ( i see people bitching their loud, maybe bad fans batch?).

Plus i use corsair link for the LED to make it red, as red case, red cpu, red ram covers... white just looks wrong :P
    Thanks for your input. I went with red color too since I have Red&Black build.

I figured out how to set Custom Profile and now it's fairly quiet in idle mode.

Quick question, what do have for the pump? Do you have it on Quiet mode or Performance mode?

Do you mind sending a screenshot of your fan curve?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So, I played around with fan curves and custom settings, did some testing in a longer run and results are pretty impressive.

Now my CPU never goes above 56C when overclocked to 4.3Ghz, while at 4.5 Ghz it stays between 63C - 66C. That's a huge improvement considering with my previous cooler my CPU was overclocked to 4.2 Ghz and I was getting temps between 62C - 65C.

It's a little bit louder under full load on CPU though but not by much. Also, not only my CPU temps have improved but also GPU temps for my ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070, which has overclocked to 2083 Mhz Core Clock and 8200 Mhz Memory Clock. The temp on that GPU stays below 65C with 45% - 50% fan speed. I might try to overclock more memory and see how it goes.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

sry i never got back but RL keeps me away this month. Glad you got it working for you, and ya when the fan kicks into max (or near) max it "can" be abit louder to some people but that sucker is going like 2000-2200 RPM i think, where most fans go 1400-1800rpm max i think.

and ya overall system temp should go down, as your not blowing boiling hot air from cpu to back of the case to exhaust which some naturally gets stuck inside, if done right with liquid cooling and right case, inside heat is only from the GPU, mb and HDs than.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Criggles's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Have the H115 with 2x Noctua Redux 140's (1500 PWM).

I leave the pump on quiet mode unless I'm running benches or encoding. The pump gets fairly loud on performance.

Didn't bother too much with a custom fan curve on it as I prefer to keep things quiet unless absolutely necessary.

Even on default settings with pump on quiet while benching, I barely go over 62C on a 4930k @ 4.4GHz. I have some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut that arrived recently so it may drop more a couple degrees over the stock paste that Corsair applies.

Also the fans are running in pull. You can possibly shave off a few more degrees by switching to push pull at the cost of more noise.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have the h100i, the old version not the new one. I got my AMD 8320 up to 4.6 with that cooler. But not being able to go further wasn't the coolers fault, the problem was my motherboard. I had one of the top of the line 990FX boards with the beefiest heatsinks around... had fans mounted directly on the mobo heatsinks but they would still get to hot if I tried pushing past 4.6 :(

But, even at 4.6 it was still lagging behind and frequently running at 100% during games. I finally upgraded to a 6700k recently... When I first got it I played with it at 4.5 stable, just cause, but now I've changed everything back to default. No reason to OC her yet :)
    The cooler has phenomenal cooling potential for an AIO, but it sure does get loud in the higher RPMs. Not sure if thats an issue or not on the newer versions. But one things for sure your motherboard will most likely melt before you reach the thermal limit of this cooler lol.
    Last edited by A_goat; 11-29-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Velozzity's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_a_goat View Post
    The cooler has phenomenal cooling potential for an AIO, but it sure does get loud in the higher RPMs. Not sure if thats an issue or not on the newer versions.
    I think the best move Corsair could do at least with their flagship Model AIO's is put some of the ML Pro fans with them and maybe even make a special RGB ML pro just for their coolers that you could use the link software with. When I tried a h110 and a h105 the main issue I had with them was the fans they gave you, but besides that It was a good looking product that cooled well considering that It wasn't a full custom water job.