and should i put 500w PS or 750w ?

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Milky's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Very very nice, I wish I had money to drop on new computer parts :c Maybe I need to give boob's to people xD

Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BhPlay View Post
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LCnjwP

What do you think , can i run witcher 3 at high
    and should i put 500w PS or 750w ?
    750 Watts if this is a long term build as your PSU loses its effectiveness over the years, with less then 40 watts to play around with you could have issues rather quickly. i know its more money but will save you headache in the end.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TheRealDon View Post
    750 Watts if this is a long term build as your PSU loses its effectiveness over the years, with less then 40 watts to play around with you could have issues rather quickly. i know its more money but will save you headache in the end.
    I pefer 850 ;3

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BhPlay's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TheRealDon View Post
    600/650 ?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BhPlay View Post
    600/650 ?
    850-900 is life!

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When it comes to PSU's the are two schools of thought and they focus around whether you overclock your pc's or not;

The first is if you do not OC, then you can get a larger-than-needed psu and keep using it as its V drops off in its later life
    The second is if you do OC as before the V drop you get in the later stages of life you get the voltages the psu producing starting to vary, this is critical for anyone OC-ing as it can fry your CPU/GPU/RAM as the variance nudges your OC's, and can accidentally fry your perfectly tuned setup.

For more information on point 2, you need to look in to how stable voltages are important to OC's and also the ways varying voltages can affect your OC. Which leads us to the
    Gold + etc ratings; this means it has been tested for stability at its given V ratings and has passed within x% variance (the % variance determines the Gold/SIlver/Bronze rating).

TL:DR getting a larger PSU for "long term investment" only pans out if you dont OC or dont OC much. Getting a smaller PSU (still with Overhead for upgrades/unexpected events) with Gold+ is better if you do hard OC's (which I expect you do with the 4790K chip)

edit: some other things:

You do not have extra fans etc on your build on partpicker (not sure if you can tbh). But the build comes in at 233w so a 650 should be fine, also noticed you have a bronze cpu picked up, not sure why I thought it was gold...

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BhPlay's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Marrv View Post
    When it comes to PSU's the are two schools of thought and they focus around whether you overclock your pc's or not;

The first is if you do not OC, then you can get a larger-than-needed psu and keep using it as its V drops off in its later life
    The second is if you do OC as before the V drop you get in the later stages of life you get the voltages the psu producing starting to vary, this is critical for anyone OC-ing as it can fry your CPU/GPU/RAM as the variance nudges your OC's, and can accidentally fry your perfectly tuned setup.

For more information on point 2, you need to look in to how stable voltages are important to OC's and also the ways varying voltages can affect your OC. Which leads us to the
    Gold + etc ratings; this means it has been tested for stability at its given V ratings and has passed within x% variance (the % variance determines the Gold/SIlver/Bronze rating).

TL:DR getting a larger PSU for "long term investment" only pans out if you dont OC or dont OC much. Getting a smaller PSU (still with Overhead for upgrades/unexpected events) with Gold+ is better if you do hard OC's (which I expect you do with the 4790K chip)

edit: some other things:

You do not have extra fans etc on your build on partpicker (not sure if you can tbh). But the build comes in at 233w so a 650 should be fine, also noticed you have a bronze cpu picked up, not sure why I thought it was gold...

Im not sure if i should overclock this monster , thanks for the advice il go for 650/700 w (good q)

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If your not going with Overclocking then why the 4790K instead of the 4790? (the K stands for unlocked multiplier so you can overclock easily)

edit; just noticed the is only a $26 difference, so nvm