Threaded View

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue prowler707's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon4 fx8350 @ 77 degrees C!!!

so like the tittle says i was converting one of my videos and low and behold i hear my comp screaming at me which was expected however i didnt expect to see my cpu @ 77 degrees celsius @ about 70% CPU utilization. thats pretty hot for having a slight OC (i OCd in order to take advantage of my ram clock) so now im looking @ newegg for a large case fan to install in the front for intake and a new air-type heatsink and fan for my cpu. im not too concerned abouyt price but lets say i dont want to spend much more than $100 USD. so i look around neweggs power search feature and realize that theres a little more to fans than i thought -facedesk-.

1. what features are most important when it comes to cooling (im thinking fan speed, CFM[airflow measured in cubic feet per minute] but who knows never looked into cooling like this)

2. this is the first time i've ever stressed over cooling when im not even using 100% CPU Utilization but then again this is the first time ive used more than a quad core. wtf??

3. ill most likely be shopping around newegg but suggestions are always nice, currently a premier member and already have thermal paste/grease

4. included a hardware report generated by aida64 just in case XD
    Attached Files Attached Files