Save the whales. Collect the whole set
He's a Rebel!!
Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I
I wanna be a reeaal boyy!!
He's a Rebel!!
welcome to the clan bro!!!
If I'm not back in 5....wait longer!
I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Mike (AKA Rebele93 or 'Rebel').
I live in Louisville CO, a small town 10 minutes East of Boulder. I work for a Research lab associated with the University of Colorado as a web designer. I went to school at Tx A&M and was in their ROTC. My outfit was E2 Rebels...thus Rebele93, 93 being the year I graduated college...yes, I'm that old. I picked this handle a long time ago and have used it ever since. I did not go into the military after college, but both of my kids (22 and 24) are Marines. I also have an 18 month old grandson. Go ahead...call me Gramps if it makes you feel good. It just makes me happy.
I'm an old guy but still behave like an 18 year old. In my spare time(when not gaming) I make music, and DJ (House Minimal, D&B Dubstep, Glitch, Trap, etc). I'm deeply involved in the Colorado Beer scene and help run the Great American Beer Festival and World beer Cup.
I am still somewhat new to gaming. I started off playing single player games like FarCry 3 and Assassin's Creed but did not really get into the multi-player modes in those games.
My first real multi-player FPS was BF4. I played BF3 for a few weeks before BF4 came out, so that didn't really count. I started off playing conquest modes but was tired of getting destroyed by Snipers and helicopters, so I quickly migrated over to the smaller maps of TDM and Rush. I purchased a Logitec 3D pro joystick because I was not having much luck piloting with the keyboard and mouse. Since then I've practiced a ton on the BF4 test area and empty servers. I also spent time watching just about every tips and tricks video out there on both jets as well as helicopters. I played a lot in the arial only maps in BF4 for Jets and Helicopters. I spent most of my time in BF4 simply trying to level up so that I could access the better guns. I've gotten much better but my stats don't really show that due to being so bad when I started. It was not uncommon for me to go 4 and 20 or 0 and 10 depending on the game mode.
My aiming was also horrible but I've gotten much better at that too. Through lots of practice and time online, my aim has gotten better and I feel much more confident in head to head battles. I would say that some of the best improvements I've seen have come as a result of fixing my ergonomics (adding a forearm rest for my mousing arm was the biggest improvement in the ergonomics area) I've also spent lots of time selecting the proper mouse, keyboard, and getting my key-mappings worked out, set, and committed to memory. Playing with a keyboard and mouse was initially very unnatural for me. Now that I've done it for a while, I struggle to use the controller as effectively on my console games. It took me a long time to figure out what video settings worked best, what mouse DPI to play at and also where to set my mouse sensitivity settings for vehicles as well as normal ground combat. (again... Google was my friend. Lots of videos on the topic)
I can generally be found playing Hardline - Hotwire mode. I'm OK at getting to the top end of the scoreboard when PTFO, but my k/d still suffers a bit. I loved the driving aspect of the game and was previously a fan of Gran tourismo on consoles. The Driving special ability is what i usually run with. Almost always mechanic with a repair torch in Hardline Hotwire mode.
I joined AOD because I'm tired of trying to go lone wolf, or getting stuck on teams where no one cooperates or communicates. I've been challenged to find friends to play with on BF4. I don't really know anyone in my current circles that play PC video games, and I wasn't interested in playing with people who refuse to mic up.
more about me:
- I like to PTFO even if my K/D suffers.
- I love to ride as a gunner when I have a good pilot with a mic who is aware of the capabilities of each gun and gunner. (equal exposure for both gunners). The Minigun kicks ass and destroys all, but only if the pilot gives you a shot.
- I spot as often as possible especially when hanging out of a vehicle or piloting.
- I'm a good Transport helicopter pilot. I'm getting better. I try to pay close attention to my gunner seats and make sure both sides are getting scoring opportunities. I try to make sure that I flee fights i can not win and I do not ever bail out to save my own ass and just let my teammates die. (one of my biggest pet peeves about people in this game...people do this crap all the time. ) I try to warn passengers verbally if we are going down uncontrollably. Sometimes there is not enough time
- I will repair your vehicle if I get in and it needs it, but sometimes I get so into gunning that i don't notice when our mechanic bails and our health starts going down... Again...pilots with good communication skills should ask for repairs via VOIP or comrose.
- I'm not afraid to drive the tanker (although i'll admit that I die a lot in the tanker... it seems to be better suited as a
- i'm not very successful with the Professional class. I still suck at quick scoping and never seem to be able to land headshots.
My weaknesses(things I'm currently working on):
- Attack helicopters. I can fly them great, but I can't ever seem to get leveled up(Hardline) enough to not get taken out by air-to-air rockets or stingers. Flying as a gunner, I've finally made enough points to upgrade it, so hopefully soon I'll hone my skills with more gameplay.
-Aiming. I've gotten WAY better, but I still loose more firefights than I care to. practicing in game and on http://aim400kg.com/
- Always using the minimap. sometimes I still forget.
-Reloading instead of switching to my handgun. I do this all the time. By the time I think to switch weapons I'm dead. I have my mouse mapped to switch with a button click, but the action has not become automatic.
Things I still don't understand:
- Why can't i instantly VOIP with anyone in my vehicle regardless of squad? I understand that this is probably to try to push people to play cooperatively as squads more, but Hotwire game mode is a lovely chaotic mess. This seems like a major weakness in the game to me. I should have a buttton to assist me with switching squads on-the-fly if the driver is in a different squad with available slots in his/her squad. This would be one solution to fix the problem.
- why do I still get a kill marked against me if I spawn into a helicopter that immediately crashes or gets shot down. I personally think that from the spawn screen we should be able to see who is piloting the helicopter (or any vehicle) and also the vehicle's health and number of occupants. Sorry, but if a helicopter already has 5 players, I don't really want to get stuck riding in the front seat helpless to do anything but spot.
- Grenades that just appear to vaporize when I get killed. Sorry, once I throw a grenade, I shouldn't have to be alive for it to continue to work. this is just stupid. I don't know how many times I've lobbed a perfect grenade only to get killed and see the whole crowd of people who should be dead go on living. BS.. I should get credit for those kills.
- noobs spawning and crashing the available helicopters. I don't know... it just seems like some players try to use live games to figure out how to fly. Sorry, if you wreck a helicopter without being hit by an RPG or other gunfire you should get a spawn penalty where you can't fly again for x(?) seconds(depending on game type) times the number of team mates that you just killed with your crap flying skills.
- Sometimes I'm first or second in a helicopter at the initial spawn, but when it lifts off, suddenly I'm in seat 5 or 6?????? Annoying.
- people who stop a car in Howire mode. EVER. Do not stop ever unless you get stuck on something or are forced to. You become a sitting duck and will die in seconds.
- Assignments... Why is it so tough to determine what i have to do to complete an assignment? Just a bit more info on the requirements in Battlelog would go a long way.
Well, that's probably enough for now. Looking forward to playing with all of you.
Mike / Rebele93
Save the whales. Collect the whole set
Wow, nice narrative!!! Glad to have you in my squad!!
I didn't take Steroids...Honest
Welcome to AOD! Thank you for the introduction.
If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Somebody as old as me! Welcome