Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wtf Gaijin does it again

Client Update 01.04.2015 (1.47.11.12)
    Optimizing DX9 render - increase of FPS.
    Reduced the allowed size for decals.
    In Ground Forces RB markers on allies will be displayed ALL THE TIME, both on aircraft and tanks.

We can no longer fly our official colors. The decals are too small. WTF are they doing??
    What's the effing problem? Why can't we paint our planes. They don't even want to discuss it. The topic is locked.
    WELL..............I just went to copy the link to the locked topic and now it's gone.
    The response was that they don't like us painting our planes. I guess they would rather have skins that no one can see.
    What good is that?
    First the debacle about flags and now this, I Yi Yi
    No wonder they can't fix the important things, they spend too much
    time and effort "fixing" things that don't need fixing: ie: New "cough" Improved "cough" MA,

"Every day is a beautiful day" Elwood P. Dowd AOD Member AOD_PapaPnut's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

I find myself in the curious position of defending Gaijin.

1) Having to support large and random sized decals were obviously resulting in a server side load and/or client sync/rendering load that was impacting performance especially for older DX9 machines. For the good of all players the decals have been reduced to increase FPS formany players.

2) To have everyone see your custom skin it would need to be uploaded to both the server AND all the clients. The server needs to know what your plane looks like but is not sending the graphic files for what any plane looks like to each client, only codes to tell the client that it looks like this. So the graphics files for skins need to be on ALL the clients also. This is the way it works on the simracing online games that allow all users to see custom skins. This is a massive storage(server side) and communication(how do ALL the clients get the custom skins?) challenge. It works in simracing because the number of people on a server or "leagues" on servers are quite small and run by individual administrators that coordinate the offline distribution of skins to all the clients.

You can still see your custom skin and publish pictures and videos of your work. But the logistics on implementation for everyone to see them is simply not practical on the user base scale if WT.

The changes they made are to improve the overall game performance for all the players. Despite our frustrations they are doing the best they can to please as many people as possible.
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

Last edited by AOD_PapaPnut; 04-09-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set spanakis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Pnut is Defending Gaijin, i say we shoot him.

(i agree tho)

A cat's the only cat who knows where it's at Sythandria's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well, I'm almost done researching a tank. Can I test it out then? =3

~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

ugh... oh well.. i thought it was quite appealing to be able to customize your tank the way warthunder lets you... or should i say used too... oh well though it is what it is.. atleast you can unlock different camos instead of having to buy them like in World of Tanks...
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~
    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PapaPnut View Post
    I find myself in the curious position of defending Gaijin.

1) Having to support large and random sized decals were obviously resulting in a server side load and/or client sync/rendering load that was impacting performance especially for older DX9 machines. For the good of all players the decals have been reduced to increase FPS formany players.

2) To have everyone see your custom skin it would need to be uploaded to both the server AND all the clients. The server needs to know what your plane looks like but is not sending the graphic files for what any plane looks like to each client, only codes to tell the client that it looks like this. So the graphics files for skins need to be on ALL the clients also. This is the way it works on the simracing online games that allow all users to see custom skins. This is a massive storage(server side) and communication(how do ALL the clients get the custom skins?) challenge. It works in simracing because the number of people on a server or "leagues" on servers are quite small and run by individual administrators that coordinate the offline distribution of skins to all the clients.

You can still see your custom skin and publish pictures and videos of your work. But the logistics on implementation for everyone to see them is simply not practical on the user base scale if WT.

The changes they made are to improve the overall game performance for all the players. Despite our frustrations they are doing the best they can to please as many people as possible.
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

Thanx P,
    I figured it was something like that seeing as how it is included with the other rendering updates.
    The planes that I have already done are still the same, just like with the flags. I can keep the ones I have
    but will have to pay for more flags and use smaller decals.

Here's one of my personal favs.

http://imgur.com/XYQwkDX
    Last edited by rayrayblues; 04-09-2015 at 04:38 PM.