Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

America Looking To Get A New PC Sooner or Later

I am wanting to get a new PC sometime this year or early next year.
    So I am looking for any online stores, or a store in my area (SC, USA), I should be looking at for good deals/prices.
    I should also mention I do not feel comfortable with building my own, or anyone's, system... only thing hardware-wise I would wanna do is add in/change out RAM sticks.
    So I am wanting custom/prebuild shops, not shops like newegg or tigerdirect... unless they got a good prebuild PC deal.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com & http://www.ibuypower.com/ are the only current PC shop links I have.

As for what features/specs I would want-
    mid to high end i7 chip, or equally matched AMD chip
    3 or 4 GB vid card, R9 or GTX doesn't really matter to me, guess GTX would be better since they are usually cheaper and dont overheat much thou
    12 or more GB of RAM
    at least 1 TB HDD
    DVD Re-writer drive, could have BR read/rewrite as well, but I dont even own any BR yet
    5.1 or better sound, on the MB or not doesn't bother me ( also have the external SB sound card I could use)
    compatible MB for chip and other specs of course
    case the specs fit into of course, would prefer a quiet one as well
    and I would prefer a Win 7 OS, I don't like 8

Features/specs I don't really care about- (could be in it or not, as long as they aren't up-ing the cost too much)
    SSD
    liquid cooling

PS, I don't even have half the money for the PC saved up yet, so current deals aren't needed, more then likely wont have the cash till around x-mas this year (2015), but other gaming pC sites like those 2 I linked would be liked to be shared.

Killing is my business, and business is good Lissajester's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

first thing to know is how much are you wanting to spend, the amount of money will dictate what kind of computer you can get.

second SSD are definitely worth the money

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I know Jerry recommends microcenter, maybe look for one of those stores close to you.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue prowler707's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i find the best deals online and paying someone else to put it together for you will kill the overall performance youll get big time seeing how you dont care for a liquid cooling system tells me your not planning on OC the system though ill tell you it is much quieter (i currently have an H100i from corsair) but i will heavily recommend getting a full ATX case and MOBO for much better airflow and upgrade ability or at least the case anyways but then again without a budget itll be hard to help out

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Find me online bro well go on a shopping mission :)

Sent to AOD via Morse Code