Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So Should I even bother?

Is there any reason to even look at the Me-262 C-2B? I was wondering since I unlocked it a little while ago and was wondering if it was worth looking into. I know it has the rockets but I'm not sure how it preforms after they run out.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Don't know :D

What is time to an immortal? AOD Member AOD_Cadimus's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

So its faster?
    Me 262 C-2b
    Single prototype [made from Me 262A Werknummer 170 074] of rocket-boosted interceptor (Heimatschützer II) with two BMW 003R "combined" powerplants (BMW 003 turbojet, with a single 9.8 kN (2,200 lbf) thrust BMW 109-718 liquid-fuelled rocket engine mounted atop the rear of each jet exhaust) for boosted thrust, only flown once with combined jet/rocket power on 26 March 1945.
    "In midnight clad"

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Cadimus View Post
    So its faster?
    Me 262 C-2b
    Single prototype [made from Me 262A Werknummer 170 074] of rocket-boosted interceptor (Heimatschützer II) with two BMW 003R "combined" powerplants (BMW 003 turbojet, with a single 9.8 kN (2,200 lbf) thrust BMW 109-718 liquid-fuelled rocket engine mounted atop the rear of each jet exhaust) for boosted thrust, only flown once with combined jet/rocket power on 26 March 1945.
    If it's the rocket one, that thig is scary. Has the normal engine and the rocket from the 163 with 5 mins of fuel. So you can use the rocket to climb to 5km or 15kft in 3 mins and then it's your standard 262. Or use that rocket for ridiculous burst climbs for kill secures... :p
    (Don't have one going on youtube vids mainly)

Danneskjold Repossessions. AOD Member AOD_Danneskjold's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

The C-1 has got a single extra rocket stage in the tail. The C-2 has 2 extra rockets, one above each engine.

They are weird planes. You can only use the rockets once, so you have to decide how best to do it.