Thread: Whats better

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Whats better

HEY PEEPS. ITS THE NEW GUY JACKELED HERE.

So i need some help here... Im considering weather to go down British Spitfire line, American Navy fighters or Japanese Zeros. Im avoiding ruskies because there are shitty at high tier. Ill consider the German Fighters though.

SO I NEED YOU TO HELP ME CHOOSE. Pls comment Below the pros and cons of each of my choice and your recommendation.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THAT COMMENTED IN ADVANCE

Jackeled

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

British: Spitfires, Typhoons, Meteors, Vampires, Seafires, High Alt, turn fighters

U.S: Bear cats are very well rounded and multi role fighters at ALT. Sabres are good jets, F4U variants are good as well. P-51 is badly broken but can be used efficently.

Japan, Turn fighters, OP crap.

Germany, Ask Javafox

Russia: Stalin Approved

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

British spits. The griffon engined spits are some of the nicest planes in the game to fly. They didn't get the nickname space fires for nothing. (My totally bias opinion).

I took an IQ test and the results were negative SolidFlip's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Flying around ive noticed that the spitfires really can climb well. They sometimes beat my BF109s to high altitude so that coupled with their turnfighting ability might be worth looking into.

Imo the Americans have a few good planes, but many suffer from not strong enough guns and become BnZ targets.

The japanese planes are well suited for if you like to get into the furball, which while flying with you tonight may be a good thing for you. Also the B7A2 gets a bomber spawn and is very capable of taking down fighters trying to climb.

The russians have strong guns at mid-tier, but low tier is terrible. High tier they level off a bit and drop in my book.

The germans have climb ability and strong guns. However dont try to turn fight with them as they loose speed quickly.

All in all its up to your abilitis and what you want to do. Want to turnfight in furballs only? Japs. Want to still turn fight somewhat while also being able to climb. British Spits. The other nations dont really do well with turnfighting and rely more on BnZ and Energy fighting.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nah nah nah, don't listen to ally bias. Germany has the master aircraft. If you wish to BnZ like a pro, use the 109 G-2/trop and up. The FW-190's are good support aircraft, however they don't like to climb until you get the D series. The bombers are alright considering their maneuverability and bomb load. The Arados are glorious and should be feared. The HO-229 is a great ground striker as well as dogfighter, but make sure to use your airbreaks when trying to turn over 550km/h or you will rip your wings. Compared to the Americans they will outclimb and retain overall energy better. As for fighting the British, you can outdive spits since they can rip their wings (not including the griffions); also you have better guns than the Brit's and the Americans. I do not reccomend dog fighting in any aircraft besides the HO. Overall, if you like planning your battles and are flying in a squad, Germany has the aircraft for you. If you wanna know how to fly a certain plane, lemme know and we'll squad up so i can show you how.

"Every day is a beautiful day" Elwood P. Dowd AOD Member AOD_PapaPnut's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_NavyAv8r View Post
    British: Spitfires, Typhoons, Meteors, Vampires, Seafires, High Alt, turn fighters

U.S: Bear cats are very well rounded and multi role fighters at ALT. Sabres are good jets, F4U variants are good as well. P-51 is badly broken but can be used efficiently.

Japan, Turn fighters, OP crap.

Germany, Ask Javafox

Russia: Stalin Approved
    Agree with this, except IMHO Russian fighters @ Tier 4 are unimpressive, and with Javafox German planes rock especially when fully upgraded at Tier 3/4. The American naval aircraft are generally well rounded and fun to fly.

There is no "best plane line", all of the plane lines do some things well and some things poorly. Equally so, some planes suit particular pilots better than others. Rather than pick a single line to grind out, you may want to consider working up several lines. As you do you learn the strengths and weaknesses of each aircraft which will 1) help you better develop your style of flying and 2) give you a better understanding of what to expect when you face a particular plane in combat.

Try a bunch of planes, find out how you like to fly, and then fly the planes that make you happy!

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

I lied. New British naval line too Stonk. XD I mean we now have a prop plane that reliably shot down jets. Just saying.

But I agree with above. Fly planes you like. I hate the spits until I get to the griffon engined spits. I hate the F190 but like the 109s and the corsairs are a lot of fun but I hate the flying bath tub (p47)...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

honesltly, try out all the lines, there are some great planes out there, people have different playing styles, i seen some of the best aircraft with pilots that rarely fly them. pick a aircraft that suits your playstyle and skill level.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Out of all the planes I have played (no jets though yet!) I have enjoyed the British the most. The germans get very grindy for quite a while until you get to the planes javafox mentions. The japanese are painful to play but things like the ki-61 can climb like mad (also later the j2m2 seems to like climbing). Generally speaking I think take some out in test flights (If you can?) & see what their characteristics are like.

All the nations have good planes, and they all have not as good ones. Unfortunately I do not think the is an easy way to find out what sort of pilot you are other than trying the different planes until you find out that just feels good.

tl;dr? Basically same as what alan says
    Last edited by Marrv; 05-04-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: tl:dr addition

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AndyinBrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

if you want a lions rp monster - the B29 is like having your own printing press.

and with the brits the spits are good, the first meteor is meh, but the sea meteor and the meteor Mk4 G are really good, as long as you remember your wings are made of tinfoil.

The Canberra and Canonberra (2nd cannon armed canberra) are both very good at creating lions and RP but be careful they can wing rip when theyre on the straight and level. let alone when trying a turn or dive at speed.

I find the first few US jets quite meh (although ive just got the first sabre so it should improve) - although the banshee is rather quick, plus theres an ace batwing skin for it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3WVb4oo.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	530.9 KB 
ID:	16591

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sounds like your playing in RB or sim which may not be applicable

Also while the b29 is nice the rest of the planes are not. Personally I gain between 40k & 90k most matches anyway without bombing, generally speaking if you find a plane you like & the is a premium version of it that plane will serve you well for lions/rp (my typhoon 1b for example I love to peices).

Oddly Andy you didnt mention the vampire or that line?

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AndyinBrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

ive not done that line yet - got the 2nd Mosquito and hated it so much that i went elsewhere.

agree with the Typhoon 1b, lovely

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Aye the moszy is quite a battle to get used to

A few roos loose in the top paddock... Doggs133's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Personally for all round goodness, I prefer USA. The mid tier planes are fun to fly, and the higher tier planes perform well too.

That said - I find the British planes mid-high tier to be pretty good too, out of the lower tier planes I find the fighters to be comparatively underpowered armament-wise. But the Beaufighter is a great all rounder to make up for it.