Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Suisin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default TeamSpeak startup freezing computer

This happens often to be noted, but it is a hit or miss kind of thing and does effect how often I do play battlefield because I most likely do visit our servers.

Starting up TS and will freeze the computer for good 20-30sec and then runs fine.
    Start up battlefield and again freezes computer until it boots me off server.

I found out it is TS because I've turned everything off and started up TS and then BF with the same result.

What I've tried :
    Re-install 32 bit - Freeze
    Re-install 64 bit - Freeze
    Clean up and Install - Freeze
    I had another member try to help :
    - Hide UI - freeze
    - Add/Remove plugins- freeze
    Install only for me- freeze
    Install for everyone- freeze
    update audio- freeze
    Install into different drive- freeze
    Looked up on TS forums for similar cases :
    - Found a tip about installing in safe mode -- worked more often, but freezes became infrequent and sporadic. strangely enough.
    Looked on AOD forum, I skimmed, but it doesn't look like anyone is having my kind of problem. A lot of issues about connection errors and what not, and nothing about freezing.

At the moment attempting to go through every little detail to find out what could cause TS to hang up my computer like that.

Other things to add :
    During freeze I can't hear anyone, but they can hear me.
    It also freezes the same amount of time when I quit.
    No errors, no dump, and it runs as if nothing is wrong.

In a sense I had a minor fix, but I don't understand how safe mode could have helped.

Thanks!

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Try creating a new user profile on the computer and running TS on that. One possibility is that your user profile might be gimped and windows user profiles can be fickle sometimes. I would use this for troubleshooting.

I have created a new user profile in the past and deleted my old one. I possibly did it wrong but in the end I had to spend some time using "take control" of some of my old files, and things ran quicker under the new profile.

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Suisin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sorry for late reply. Just wanted to test out how many times I can get into TS before it freezes my system up.
    Like I explained earlier it happens frequently, but so far it is good.
    For now I am going to say it is fixed.
    Thank you tech support.