Keep honking. I'm reloading Kun01's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default How to Get Good

I have all tier two planes, and my rankings are around the 3.0-3.3 area. Is this considered good? Even if it is, how do you guys recommend I improve my skills with planes?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Improving skills comes from a few things that makes people dedicated to improving their's, by my 6 Guidelines I use as a basic Achiever it 'could' help you too!

1. Look in all surroundings no matter the environment.

2. Pay attention to the Map every min or less

3. Avoid "Head on's" at all cost.

4. Depending on what game mode you play, pick off targets you choose to pick off.

5. Hop in and play with fellow AOD WT members looking to Squad up for the most enjoyment in Battle.

6. Look for Fellow WT Member Guides in the Briefing Room to help give you an insider on how flying can be done and put to use in battle for full potential. (Here)

~Well this isn't a rule I use but this is as basic knowledge, "Skill doesn't come from others, you may have help, but you will always have to achieve it."
    Last edited by NavyAv8r; 05-25-2015 at 10:34 PM.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Mr_Kristof's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would say one of the most important things is also learning the strenghts and weaknesess of the planes. This way you know how to use let's say a spitfire mkII A against a fw 190 a1 (just an example). Also, avoid head ons but learn to do them, cause at times you won't be able to aget out of them. Climb at the start of the match. Always. Altitude converts to speed, which is good. And finally, use stealth ammo

Save the whales. Collect the whole set spanakis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Like every other game, practice make "perfect", most of the suggestions here are legit, squad up with us , and try to join the training sessions that we have.
    Also i will have to strongly disagree with NavyAv8r
    3. Avoid "Head on's" at all cost.
    Don't avoid them! It is also a skill and it is really important for arcade, even if you don't like it you will end up going head on on arcade, try to master it and then you will be able to dodge it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Don't avoid them! It is also a skill and it is really important for arcade, even if you don't like it you will end up going head on on arcade, try to master it and then you will be able to dodge it.
    Yes, you can learn to avoid head on's with tricky with maneuvers but its always a 50/50...

At all cost, (Phrase) -"Regardless of the price to be paid or the effort needed."

I was referring to Head on's as an easy way to ruin a perfectly good plane in seconds due to a 50/50 chance with a head on, when you could have did simple maneuvers as an alternative to avoid head on's no matter the gamemode.

"Every day is a beautiful day" Elwood P. Dowd AOD Member AOD_PapaPnut's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

All of the above are great suggestions: know the capabilities of the plane you are flying and the opposing plane, fly in squads with AOD members, ask questions....practice, practice practice....etc. Additionally, there are a wide variety of good instructional videos on combat flight strategy and tactics.

Another thing to consider is how do you define "good". I personally define being good as contributing to my squad/team and having fun while doing so. It's been my experience that when I stopped trying to become "an ace" and focused on having fun and contributing to team play, that I've become a much better pilot (and tanker). Find your optimum flying style though experimentation, fly what makes you happy....park the rest in the hanger.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy MaturE's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_spanakis View Post
    Also i will have to strongly disagree with NavyAv8r
    Dito!

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

OH did they mentioned PRACTICE...PRACTICE...PRACTICE ????

come fly with us and we will help you to get to know/play the game better.