Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Am having a break, not by choice, as Russians dont like me

Hey guys,

I am posting this here, but officers feel free to let me know if you want it not here or just remove it.

Right yesterday I logged on to find myself with a 14 day ban for "unsporting behaviour", somewhat surprised (& fecking fuming) I sent a ticket in to their support system. Below are the messages, but the TL:DR verrsion is this;

Gaijin claim my client is modified; I ask should I re-install to fix this (no answer on that, so will do so just to be safe), I ask what the hell can cause it, they dont know thus;

Something modified my game files, not sure what, they don't know or wont tell me and I don't want to risk playing WT until I know my PC is safe so my account doesnt get flagged again....

For the record; the following runs along side my WT;
    TeamSpeak
    TS Notifier
    Bandicam (occasionally)
    AV, Malware & Firewall
    Firefox (commonly)
    Logitech kb drviers & config
    Anker mouse drivers & config
    puush (screenshot upload software - could be this as it uses keyhooks I think to monitor for the screenshot buttons?)
    ATI CCC

Occasionally VLC if I have been watching things

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Marrv
    Yesterday at 13:21

Hello

I have just logged in today to find myself with a 14 day ban for "unsporting behavior" 1.4 of the EULA. The use of unauthorized programs etc.
    This has puzzled me as to the only programs I run with war thunder is; teamspeak & TSNotifier (which displays itself over any UI to see who is talking). The are several programs that run with my PC at startup that are accessible ingame (puush, some applications for other games, malware protection anti-virus & firewall, gfx, mouse & keyboard drivers & config utilities) Can provide a full list of them if you wish.

Could I be given more details for this ban as at the moment I feel accused of something without any details or clue as to what I have been accused of!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Yesterday at 13:26

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Gaijin Customer Support.

Please contact our GMs (WarThunder Game Masters) regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Gaijin Entertainment Support Team
    Yesterday at 13:49

Sent message to one of them, will await a reply. Will work through lists waiting 24hours between each message. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey
    Yesterday at 13:58

Please, await. This might take some time.

Should you require additional help, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Today at 09:46

Just been told by a gm to "contact support"

" Badpanzer
    Hi there.
    I am sorry but this type of problem can only be answered by support Im afraid you will have to contact them.
    "
    Today at 09:47

So I am cc-iong everything the gm's say to you & vice versa so hopefully one of you guys can work out what is going on.
    Today at 11:24

We have completed a mass check of server logs to find the accounts that were started with a modified game client.

In your case the usage of a modified game client was clearly proved.

We cannot provide you with a report regarding your ban to prevent any disclosure of information about game client modifications detection methods.

Let us remind you, that due to the EULA:

3.8. Agreement Suspension. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER REMEDIES, GAIJIN MAY LIMIT, SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS OR ACCESS TO THE PRODUCT OR PORTIONS THEREOF IF YOU ARE, OR GAIJIN REASONABLY SUSPECTS THAT YOU ARE, FAILING TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THIS AGREEMENT OR FOR ANY ACTUAL OR SUSPECTED ILLEGAL OR IMPROPER USE OF THE PRODUCT, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR USER NAME AND PERSONA AS A RESULT OF ACCOUNT TERMINATION OR LIMITATION, AS WELL AS ANY BENEFITS, PRIVILEGES, EARNED ITEMS AND PURCHASED ITEMS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT AND/OR GAME, AND GAIJIN IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR ANY SUCH LOSSES OR RESULTS.***

We would like to inform you that your game account has been blocked for 14 days due to the breach of the paragraph 1.4 of the End User License Agreement (EULA):

1.4. No Modification. You agree not to modify or alter the Product in any way. You may not remove or alter any copyright notices or other proprietary notices on any copies of the Product.

as well as paragraph

1.6 m) Use, facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection with the Product, including without limitation (2) any connection using programs, tools, or software not expressly approved by Gaijin;

Second use of this or the other software breaching the EULA will lead to the permanent blocking of your game account.

Best regards,

Today at 12:38

I am aware of what you said and why you put the ban in place but I am not aware of what modified the game client, as such I do not know whether or not I can restart war thunder at any time without this issue persisting.

So what am I to do? Reinstall War Thunder & hope that the isnt a 3rd party software being detected by you that is doing something? I need help to resolve this as currently all your saying is "something went wrong, but we cant tell you what", and unless I know what it is I dont know what to start removing from my pc to stop it happening again.
    Should I be running malware scans etc or what?
    Today at 12:38

Please mark as unsolved, as i misclicked when adding last reply
    Today at 12:41

Alas, here in Support we don't know which software was installed on your PC at the moment of ban.

Obviously, there is nothing to investigate at the moment.

Just don't use any software which could possibly interfere with the game.

Best regards,

Today at 12:54

I am sorry but wait a minute?

You are saying that the game files have been modified, but you dont know how or by what? As because of this I get a warning and a 14 day ban, regardless of not having done anything wrong? Then when I ask for what could cause this you simply say "we dont know"?

How about you guys help me work out what has happened so that I can avoid this, as I have spent quite a bit of money on this game and to have it taken without a reasonable explanation or assistance in working out why is shocking in my opinion.

I can happily list the things that start up & run along side my pc as well as all the things that run while war thunder is running, see if any of these could be causing the problem, would that help? If you wish I can open up the ports & allow you to check for yourself?

I remember in the past that "sweetfx" was the cause of some issues, would "bandicam" be causing similar issues?
    Today at 13:30

You are saying that the game files have been modified, but you dont know how or by what?
    Customer Support is not involved into in-game violations investigations, so we can't help you to find out what exactly caused the ban.

Best regards,

Today at 14:17

So who do I need to talk to so I can find out what in damnation is going on? The gm's?
    Today at 14:22

Unfortunately, we doubt that someone will disclose such information.

Best regards,

So basically I am stuck, anyone have any clue wtf I should do?

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sent back this message
    So I am in a situation of;
    Something has modified the game client
    This has caused a ban
    I do not know what has caused this
    Gaijin wont tell me what has caused this
    However if it happens again I can get a permanent ban
    But I dont know what is causing it so I dont know how to stop it
    So whatever I do I am screwed?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh I missed a few things that run

TSMApplication - TradeskillMaster that monitors wow auctions - from when I played wow, runs @ startup & once every hour, but is out of date, not removed it as I been lazy
    Itunes & Apple Push - runs something @ start up, no matter how much I try to stop it
    DaemonTools Lite - I emulate a drive as have ISO's on my external (cba to find original dvd's in the folder, slowly converting them to .avi's to take less space)
    Raptr - thought had removed it
    Send to OneNote - though had removed this too

Then a load of stuff already disabled (above from msconfig start up list)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This is what the gm/s said on the forum

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by MarrV
    Hello

I have just logged in today to find myself with a 14 day ban for "unsporting behavior" 1.4 of the EULA. The use of unauthorized programs etc.
    This has puzzled me as to the only programs I run with war thunder is; teamspeak & TSNotifier (which displays itself over any UI to see who is talking). The are several programs that run with my PC at startup that are accessible ingame (puush, some applications for other games, malware protection anti-virus & firewall, gfx, mouse & keyboard drivers & config utilities) Can provide a full list of them if you wish.

Could I be given more details for this ban as at the moment I feel accused of something without any details or clue as to what I have been accused of!
    Quote Originally Posted by W1Z25

Sent Yesterday, 10:04 PM

i need your account email
    Quote Originally Posted by W1Z25

adding a senior to this

Ok, thank you for your time so far. Looking forward to working out what is going on to be honest
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpanzer

Hi there.

I am sorry but this type of problem can only be answered by support Im afraid you will have to contact them.

They are the people who told me to contact the gm's!

"
    Michael Yesterday at 13:26

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Gaijin Customer Support.

Please contact our GMs (WarThunder Game Masters) regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Gaijin Entertainment Support Team"

Contacted them via ticket first, they told me to contact you. So am CC-ing their messages here & will CC your messages to them, hopefully it can be sorted between you guys?

Support has gotten in touch, thank you. Shall try to get them to tell me what it is on my pc thats throwing up these issues

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! vorash's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have to say this totally sux. So sorry to hear that your having these problems and hope you get it sorted soon so you will once again be kicking butt in the air.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wow man, talk about passing the buck. Good luck. I hope this gets sorted out because it sounds like something that could happen to anybody.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah that is just full of BS but to make sure that, you could use steam to check the game files maybe. ( i know you don't like to use steam for this but) If steam checks the integrity of the client it may give you an error or something if doesn't i guess you may wanna stop on the vodka because Russians are gunning for you. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I used the launcher to verify files, it downloaded around 30mb but no idea what it was all i can think is these endless patches caused a md5 checksum error

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue LoneSpirit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

This is really strange since this game doesn't sport any anti hacking software, its server based so there's no hacks that can alter or manipulate the game in a significant way.
    Maybe a lag switch helps, haven't tested it yet.

I think, dont want to come front judgemental or xenophobic, but...

Maybe you uploaded a screen shot, or posted a video to yt, or maybe streamed your game play on twitch, and some of those jealous people got you banned.
    This happened to me 2-3 times in World of Tanks with the last time a complete account wipe. That is usually the mentality of Russian people, or in my case here Bosnian people. You get onto their ground and beat them with their weapons and rules and you get shunned on the instant, in your case banned. Also this all could be a bullshjit I just wrote but there's always an option. :(

Also, since this is a Russian based company, you probably got a robot generated message to your ticket, stay on it, complain hard until you get some attention from a real human and not a bot.

Remember that one time at Band Camp? Aviation21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The only thing I can add Marrv is remember that Russian Squad we played twice in a row and the guy kept calling you a cheater with your AA gun?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Kept going at them got these responses and then they declared my ticket "solved"

Spoiler

Yesterday at 15:36

Just make sure that you don't use any special unofficial programs and mods designed for War Thunder.

Best regards,

Yesterday at 15:53

We are going in circles I think, see the "i do not know what has caused this". I have not touched WT's files directly or indirectly (from the best of my knowledge).
    I did just run the check files via the launcher & it did re-download some files, but I have no idea what it downloaded. As far as I am concerned either the is some malware on my pc that is throwing flags, the is some software on my pc that is deemed to interfere with WT's files in some way I do not know of (& which it shouldn't) or the is something I am not being told.

Regardless at this point in time I do not know how to correct whatever is wrong with my pc and cannot guarentee that whatever I do not know has happened cannot happen again. (going in circles see?)

Will scan pc, try to find any errors in logs, errant behavior etc and hope that whatever is lurking is killed off as beyond that it is out of my control
    Today at 07:35

Will scan pc, try to find any errors in logs, errant behavior etc and hope that whatever is lurking is killed off

Thank you for the cooperation.

Best regards,

Yeah Aviation I thought of them but you have to be pretty sad to get someone banned just as he shot your planes down.

Think will leave it until after the weekend then try to get some answers as at the moment they have said "we have proof" - well words to that affect, but they have not said what it is, nor have they said what could have caused it. I just think its BS.

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sounds to me that they fucked up something and trying to cover it up.

maybe that guy you shot in your AA did complain about you and they banned you without checking
    now they see the fail and trying to cover it up ..by well bassicly telling you to shut up and wait 14 days...

oh and you would be suprised by the amount of shitheads that will complain every time they cant win just because they cant stand losing