So I had a run in with a team mate today where there was a mid air collision and we both ended up dead and the enemy got away. Not too long after I respawned, a not so nice message calling me a few names was uttered. I replied nicely and suggested the player watch the replay to see for himself. He smugly suggested I watch it.

So I did watch it.

So I went through the replay and got to the point where the collision was about to happen and slowed down the speed so I could carefully watch what happened. Sure enough I was right and he came from behind and took out my wing. I was all happy and proud of myself for not making a mistake. I knew I had not hit him so was not really expecting to see anything wrong with what I did. Then, I figured what the heck lets me look from his view and see what he saw so I can call him out for being the one who ran into me and then made a big stink about nothing. Well I was somewhat shocked to see that from his view, I came from behind and lost my wing crashing into him. I figured that maybe free view might help shed some light on the difference, but after going into free view twice once from my view and once from his, it was clear that we each see something a little different most likely related to the difference in lag we have either from each other or [more likely] the server.

Anyhow, the moral of the story is that sometimes you may end up in a crash where it appears to each of you that you were in the right and the other person was in the wrong when in fact the end result is the fact that you both ended up in the same place at the same time after adjusting for [my guess] lag where it is likely neither or both your faults depending on how you want to spin the story.

If you are ever in a crash with someone else that seems questionable, view the replay yourself from both your review and theirs. If you also find a similar result please post here so that I can judge how often this may happen. If it appears frequent enough I may add a post to the general War Thunder forums.