Keep honking. I'm reloading Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default The hardware itch.

I don't need it, I shouldn't spend the money on it but I almost gotta have it.
    Looking at components that will make my building uniform inside and out which includes New psu, cabling and mobo.Also the gigabyte g1 gaming 980ti looks super promising based on reviews. But with the promises of what nvidias Pascal will bring I'm inclined to wait out my 970 since its adequate enough for 1080p.

But I have a job and debt whic can make minimum payments on. And the itch to make everything look good even though I don't have a case window. It's like that small dent in your car, once you know it's there it bugs you.

Maybe I need professional help, my spending tendencies and priorities are terrible. It's not even about and having the latest and greatest, these things for some of us are our ongoing projects that need to be unnecessarily perfect.

Ramble ramble. -Qrow

I've updated my privacy policy AOD Member AOD_Nozama's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

As you get older priorities change, I upgrade my cards about every two years last year was 2 480's upgraded to 2 680's next year maybe I'll make the leap to 780's as the prices continue to drop, I can play everything on max so it's all good.
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    Plato

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Qrow View Post
    I don't need it, I shouldn't spend the money on it but I almost gotta have it.
    Looking at components that will make my building uniform inside and out which includes New psu, cabling and mobo.Also the gigabyte g1 gaming 980ti looks super promising based on reviews. But with the promises of what nvidias Pascal will bring I'm inclined to wait out my 970 since its adequate enough for 1080p.

But I have a job and debt whic can make minimum payments on. And the itch to make everything look good even though I don't have a case window. It's like that small dent in your car, once you know it's there it bugs you.

Maybe I need professional help, my spending tendencies and priorities are terrible. It's not even about and having the latest and greatest, these things for some of us are our ongoing projects that need to be unnecessarily perfect.

Ramble ramble. -Qrow
    Like you said; the GTX 970's perfect for 1080p, and it will be for a while. If I where to recommend anything on the "Aesthetics" side of things, that's relatively cheap Id do a few things:

1) You can get Bitfenix Alchemy Extension cables for whatever PSU your running(Their not PSU specific, since their extensions) and get 24Pin ATX, x2 6/8Pin, 4+4Pin/8Pin EPS, SATAIII 6.0Gbps, And any Front Panel, USB2/3 Header cables. Their sleeved very well and come in every base color and some more(Black,White,Blue,Green,Red,Orange,Blue/White,ETC) For about $30+ Any other Cables you want from them(Sleeved SATA Cables + USB2/3 Header Cables and FrontPanel) [$15-20] http://www.performance-pcs.com/speci...-set-blue.html
    ^^^ Thats the basic Kit, w/ ATX 24Pin, x2 6Pin, and 8Pin EPS/Cpu supplemental

2) Stick w/ your 970 dude, its fine for 1080p; If you ever think about getting a 1440p Monitor then you might want to consider thinking about a 980/980Ti **As awesome and wicked as the new 980Ti's/980's Are (If I could afford one, trust me, Id buy one[or two**] if I could lol) out most "average person(s)" reasonable price range.

3) You can cut,strip,crimp, and sleeve your own custom cables for anything you want in just about any color, its more expensive given you need 3-4 essential tools, but if you do it right, it looks phenomenal. You'll need an ATX Pin Remover, A Molex Pin Remover/Extractor, a Ratched ATX Crimper(or a Regular $20 Manual one, I own one and they DO work but they are VERY slow and annoying as fuck, Ive been meaning to invest into a $50 Ratched ATX Terminal Crimper.), a BIC Lighter or Heatgun(Lighter Works fine), and some odds and ends you can find around your house + Materials. Tools will probably round up to about $100 + sleeving, depends on how much and what else you get. Best site to get this stuff from is Lutro0 Customs(Now called "Mainframe Customs"), the guy that owns it is great and I have never bought from anywhere else for sleeving/basic modding supplies: http://mainframecustom.com/

^^ Theres alot of other cool cable management-related stuff there too, I'd check it out even if your not going to custom sleeve

Keep honking. I'm reloading Das_Qrow's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah I would need full sleeving because of the pcie cables that's why I was looking at g2 evga power supplies but the cable sets are 89. The krait motherboard for black and white to match the define r5. But yeah like I said I don't need it but I need it.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Carts60's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I know this problem well.

What started as a project to build a cheap gaming computer has, in the last 6 months developed into a semi-serious build with a custom GPU/CPU water loop.

Wait til the next generation of GPU's comes out from NVIDIA and then make a decision. Prices will fall for 980s to make a market for the new options and that may be the queue to update either to the new generation of to 980s.