Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default So why do many organizations have a multi clanning policy?

As the title says, what is the logic behind this? I usually just follow the rules and don't question them, but this one has had me thinking about it for days.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Vector9's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't know what "clanking" is.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I used siri on my phone. I meant Multi Clanning. I'ts late at night, I didn't even catch that D:

I'll be your father figure. We can go outside and you can catch these hands. AOD Member AOD_Atriarc's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Loyalty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Atriarc View Post
    Loyalty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    This. Every clan wants loyal members. What good are disloyal members?

Keep honking. I'm reloading Wolvenhaven's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    This. Every clan wants loyal members. What good are disloyal members?
    Cannon fodder in the traitors brigade?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Wolvenhaven View Post
    Cannon fodder in the traitors brigade?
    Able to be fed to the Chaos Gods to fuel your bloody Campaign against your foes?

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Albireo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Taking AOD as the example. It causes issues when players are hanging out with other groups that are in opposition to our own, even if its supposed to be all fun and games. Its sad but a ton of drama exists in the gaming community. Look at the recent changes to our in game clans in Planetside and Warframe, all it takes is one guy to ruin everyone's fun. The policy in our case helps reduce such problems. Remember it only applies to clans with a presence in games AOD plays. In more real world terms this is considered a conflict of interest.

~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

you should read the AOD history , you might learn a thing or two :) http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3286
    Last edited by AOD_Sworn Assassin; 06-29-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~
    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Raknol's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Makes sense. We wouldn't want to have someone buddy buddy with TPP for example playing us for fools. Among other reasons no doubt.

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

It's also a matter of availability. If you are splitting your time between two or more communities, then you probably aren't doing everything you could be doing to remain in good standing with AOD, on top of real life stuff. Keep it simple and stick with AOD. There's enough excitement here to keep anyone occupied.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Guybrush View Post
    It's also a matter of availability. If you are splitting your time between two or more communities, then you probably aren't doing everything you could be doing to remain in good standing with AOD, on top of real life stuff. Keep it simple and stick with AOD. There's enough excitement here to keep anyone occupied.
    That doesn't have much, if anything, to do with it. Members are free be a part of another community, so long as the other community doesn't support a game we support.

If xXxJoeXSchmoexXx plays BF4 with AOD, he can still play with his buddy's clan in Call of Duty 7: Ur so Hardcore Bro so long as that clan doesn't support BF4 or any other game we currently support. Members who are not officers are more than welcome to split their time as they wish.

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    That doesn't have much, if anything, to do with it. Members are free be a part of another community, so long as the other community doesn't support a game we support.

If xXxJoeXSchmoexXx plays BF4 with AOD, he can still play with his buddy's clan in Call of Duty 7: Ur so Hardcore Bro so long as that clan doesn't support BF4 or any other game we currently support. Members who are not officers are more than welcome to split their time as they wish.
    I'm aware of the clan's policies. I was speaking from a practicality perspective. There are only so many hours in the day...

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Well, most people arleady explained thigns but something I wanted to touch on - one of the things that was a constant issue for my corporation in Eve-online (before I tossed that game out of frustration) was people having characters of a different name than the one they used in the group they were apart of. That's why I'm somewaht positive that we have that going on with our clan as well, and we'll probably keep on having that happen - espically for some games like Star Citizen and Planetside 2, people coming in under a different name.

In a way the no-multiclanning policy also helps to somewhat deal with spies or people whom are apart of one clan, but are only in AOD to see what we have, our plans, tactics, strategies related to certain games (World of Tanks, Planetside*, etc etc etc)

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck CeL1790's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Suisfonia View Post
    Well, most people arleady explained thigns but something I wanted to touch on - one of the things that was a constant issue for my corporation in Eve-online (before I tossed that game out of frustration) was people having characters of a different name than the one they used in the group they were apart of. That's why I'm somewaht positive that we have that going on with our clan as well, and we'll probably keep on having that happen - espically for some games like Star Citizen and Planetside 2, people coming in under a different name.

In a way the no-multiclanning policy also helps to somewhat deal with spies or people whom are apart of one clan, but are only in AOD to see what we have, our plans, tactics, strategies related to certain games (World of Tanks, Planetside*, etc etc etc)
    And this is why I use the same name across all AOD supported games XD Though i don't play most of them, but will be trying planet side 2 in the future.

But as many have said it's for a few reasons, Loyalty being one of them, but it's also so there is no conflict, for instance i hardly play GR:P but i am in one of our clans in the game, so that when i do play I 1) have AOD backing me up there so i don;t fail too hard. 2) Do not go against AOD. The pros of the multi clanning policy far outweigh the cons, (if you find any cons let me know cause i haven't)

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Sargent Horse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you play Planetside 2 with your "clan" of real-life 5 friends called STFU then that shouldn't be considered multi-clanning iF you are there to go and die over and over again and have a laugh (ps2 in a nut shell) then it shouldnt matter because it isn't a conflict of interest, only you and friends screwing round

First take the plank out of your own eye.
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sargent Horse View Post
    If you play Planetside 2 with your "clan" of real-life 5 friends called STFU then that shouldn't be considered multi-clanning iF you are there to go and die over and over again and have a laugh (ps2 in a nut shell) then it shouldnt matter because it isn't a conflict of interest, only you and friends screwing round
    If you have a character, in any game that AOD supports, and that character is wearing tags that are not the official AOD outfit, you are in violation of the multi clanning policy.

5 irl friends in STFU is still a violation, and you need to choose to abide by the CoC, or move on. We are not saying you cannot play with friends, you just cannot belong to another clan/guild/outfit with any character, on any server, in games we support (WoW excluded)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art by Blinix

Thoughts become Actions. Actions become Habits. Habits become Character.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Dennistein's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

And what if a player with a slow internet who wants to play planetside 2 from EU and on the US server having high ping if he not joins to any outfit he can play on Eu?
    Me personaly can play with you from EU just a question

Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder! MatchMaker's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Viera View Post
    And what if a player with a slow internet who wants to play planetside 2 from EU and on the US server having high ping if he not joins to any outfit he can play on Eu?
    Me personaly can play with you from EU just a question
    Find Kestah in TS and ask him.

AOD for life AOD Member AOD_Kharior's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sworn Assassin View Post
    you should read the AOD history , you might learn a thing or two :) http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3286
    Can we get this in normal plain text? I know they separated the speaker with colors but it sucks to try to read sometimes.
    Kill the meat, save the metal
    -DraigUK