I recently ran a few new 'optional' Windows Updates. After I restarted my computer for them, it decided it wanted to have the wonderful update restart loop. It shows the loading screen for just a second then restarts. It does not show the repair install option from the F8 startup, but if I use an install USB drive it lets me run the repair. The first time I ran it with a repair, but it didn't fix anything. Since then, it just says it can't run the repair cycle.

I have tried Hiren's Boot CD, but that hasn't helped either. The restart loop is apparently nothing new from bad updates, but what's the fix besides doing a reinstall? Apparently I deleted my backup recently and hadn't ran it again before this. I also had restore points turned off to help with my SSD.

I can start a command prompt from the advanced boot options on the install disk, but don't know what to run to remove the updates. Nor do I remember exactly which ones they were.

Help! My stats in hardline was top 9% worldwide before this and I will not hear the end of it from my wife if I drop too low...

Sent from my Moto X to your screen via the magic of the internet.