I took an IQ test and the results were negative Wraithgod's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Possible good news on the MM front.

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/783

I feel like MM has been...clunky..at best.
    Maybe it's just me, but seeing high tiered aircraft in a lower tier battle seems just off.
    Anyway, figured I'd share.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It didn't help, now that it is out it seems to be worse D:

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue LoneSpirit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Still not implemented... They will announce when the testing will start....

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

After who knows how long, Gaijin is finally getting to work on the important stuff that everyone has been complaining about ad infinitum.
    I have posted several times that they should devote less time to new content and fix what we have now.
    The new BR changes are very good and I am looking forward to see if the new MM will be any better. They say it will be tested first and I hope
    they do just that. I have updated my dev server in anticipation. Everyone who has a dev server should update it regularly and if you don't have one,
    I'ts a good idea to go ahead and get one. They always use it before releasing new versions and 1.51 is surely just around the corner.
    You can download it here: http://launcher.warthunder.com/wt_dev_launcher.exe

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

As I already responded on the gaijin forums in the thread about this,
    its a very difficult sollution for a very easy problem.

1st: They wrote a hole new MM system wich they have to put in the game and make it work this takes a long time with all the problem like crashing games and such.

2nd:This will give longer waiting time ingame because the game now has to check all the planes / tanks all the players have in the line up,
    the BR what kinda planes/ tanks fighters /attackers / heavy tanks light tanks, every bit of info there is,
    then pick 16 player and put them in battle making sure all the BR and alll the OP machines are divided equally.
    if it cant find player that will "FIT" together in a battle you have to wait till the game do finds players, or untill new player connect, or till other battles will end, or etc. etc. etc

Conclusion .... LONGER WAITING TIME ...

NOW THE EZ SOLLUTION

What I say ,

the BR MM system is already in the game and it works without mayor problems
    now that system uses 1 point up or down in the average BR of the players and put them in a match.
    What happens is that we all get uptiered every time with that system because of that 1 point..

Just lower that 1 point to 0.5 point and your done...
    the system is already in there, only thing they have to do is change 1 number from 1 to 0.5 nand they are done.....

its so simple but the problem with al those higher educated people wich the WT def are, cant think simple anymore,
    because their higher education made that impossible.... lol

anyway here is my 5 cents

"Every day is a beautiful day" Elwood P. Dowd AOD Member AOD_PapaPnut's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BoomBoomStick View Post
    the system is already in there, only thing they have to do is change 1 number from 1 to 0.5 nand they are done.....

its so simple

+1 The MM really did a pretty good job with only a few exceptions. Narrow the maximum BR gap a bit and you're done.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BoomBoomStick View Post
    As I already responded on the gaijin forums in the thread about this,
    its a very difficult sollution for a very easy problem.

1st: They wrote a hole new MM system wich they have to put in the game and make it work this takes a long time with all the problem like crashing games and such.

2nd:This will give longer waiting time ingame because the game now has to check all the planes / tanks all the players have in the line up,
    the BR what kinda planes/ tanks fighters /attackers / heavy tanks light tanks, every bit of info there is,
    then pick 16 player and put them in battle making sure all the BR and alll the OP machines are divided equally.
    if it cant find player that will "FIT" together in a battle you have to wait till the game do finds players, or untill new player connect, or till other battles will end, or etc. etc. etc

Conclusion .... LONGER WAITING TIME ...

NOW THE EZ SOLLUTION

What I say ,

the BR MM system is already in the game and it works without mayor problems
    now that system uses 1 point up or down in the average BR of the players and put them in a match.
    What happens is that we all get uptiered every time with that system because of that 1 point..

its so simple but the problem with al those higher educated people wich the WT def are, cant think simple anymore,
    because their higher education made that impossible.... lol

anyway here is my 5 cents
    Right on Boom. A lot of people have been saying that for years. Even a .7 spread would be an improvement.
    The biggest problem is not so much wait times, but that MM might not allow you to use a certain vehicle in a particular match.
    The system they propose sounds like a nightmare. The only good thing is that at least they are trying to do something.
    Gotta give em props for that at least. BTW I do like the new BR changes.

As soon as I get my mic fixed, I'll be back in your ear.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Wraithgod's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Seems like a pretty positive change then, though I do like how Boom put it. that would make much closer margins for opponent matching.
    Possibly even more historical as far as plane to years of service ratios go.

Can't wait to get back in the game so I can get to know the new system and be a bomber jock again!