So if you haven't heard the news, Michael Dorn (Warf) is pitching a new Star Trek series to CBS. I have mixed feelings about this. For the most part I would absolutely love a new Star Trek series as long as they stay away from the NX-01 disaster. However! The title of this project "Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Worf Chronicles" is a dumb name and sounds like a limited boring story line. What else is there to know about Worf? He has literally been in more episodes of Star Trek than any other character. We know your story dude. Even if you can make the argument that he would make an interesting captain lets think about that from a writers perspective and a story arch for a second. There is nothing to learn about this characters past that viewers don't already know. Lets face it, you arnt going to pick up that many fresh virgin Star Trek fans and the ones that you do are going to watch the rest of the cannon in the off seasons, so your character development of Warf is going to be dull. I just think bringing him back as a central main plot driven character is a mistake. I mean.... he put his frakkin name in the title.

I think a much more interesting way to go would be a fresh crew with perhaps a few known characters like maybe one of those Borg kids they rescued on voyager post Star Fleet Academy. Maybe The Holografic doctor from voyager has a holographic kid... A Romulan Crewman.... A Jem'hadar weapons officer... Just shooting from the hip here but I think Warf is played out and would only be interesting as a cameo. Not to mention we already know what happens to him 15 years after DS9.

https://youtu.be/qsXsMCmlCwk