So yeah... with a bit of tweaking and some AutoHotKey hackery, I got pCARS Profiler to stay Always On Top in game and plopped it right in the lower right of my center screen. Also shown, my Teamspeak3 solution since I can't get a good overlay solution (although TS3 has an Always On Top option without the need to do the AHK thing).
Deets for anyone who cares:
Borderless Gaming (not sure if this is required, but it might be... I use it so I can Alt-tab pCars without issue, but it might also contribute to me being able to set things to always on top as well)
- Install pCars Profiler.
- Install AutoHotKey (if you don't already use it)
- Possibly optional? Install Borderless Gaming, and set it up to detect Project CARS.
- Set up pCars Profiler to a layout you want to race with (I use just Fuel Management and the Damage panels).
- Create an AHK script that includes code shown below in it.
- Run the AHK script.
- Put pCars Profiler where you want it on your screen.
- Hit Ctrl+Space while pCars Profiler is the active window to toggle the always on top functionality.
^SPACE:: Winset, Alwaysontop, , A