Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat.. Subadaga's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Omg Anyone upgrading to Windows 10 today?

I don't know if upgrading to Windows 10, but how about you guys? what do you think about upgrading to Windows 10? will you upgrade or wait until it gets "stable"?

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Drinson's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am going to test it on my other computer to see how it works over there first, then I will apply it to my main one.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Puddley94's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'll be upgrading as soon as I get home. I hate 8.1 and the only reason I went out and BOUGHT it and reinstalled my PC with it recently was in anticipation of Windows 10. Let's just say prior to me buying Windows 8 I have always had 'borrowed' keys.

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_subadaga View Post
    I don't know if upgrading to Windows 10, but how about you guys? what do you think about upgrading to Windows 10? will you upgrade or wait until it gets "stable"?
    Got it reserved, I read in multiple places its going to be released in "waves" after the initial release date of July 29th(Today), so Hopefully ill have it in the next 2-3 weeks :)

Save the whales. Collect the whole set Floks's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

yes, but not on my main pc, but on my mediapc, going to a LANparty for 11 days, so do need to game :p

Tip if you got the win10 icon on the bottum right, click it, then close it, than click it again, and windows will download win 10

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Still on Win7 works just fine. I have no intention of updating to 10 soon and would really like it if i could ditch Microsoft all together and switch to Linux 100%, but there are many games I play that still don't support Linux so I'm trapped for now.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BeardedBrawler View Post
    Still on Win7 works just fine. I have no intention of updating to 10 soon and would really like it if i could ditch Microsoft all together and switch to Linux 100%, but there are many games I play that still don't support Linux so I'm trapped for now.
    I agree with this so much. I have dabbled with Linux in VM's for many years now, but still none of them have quite had the support needed in order for me to actually roll with them. Mint got pretty close, but at the end of the day WINE can only do so much, and with Windows 10 now being 'free' it's simply going to strengthen it's stronghold on the market, and developers are still going to be uninfluenced to open their application to the Linux users.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Grady666 View Post
    Got it reserved, I read in multiple places its going to be released in "waves" after the initial release date of July 29th(Today), so Hopefully ill have it in the next 2-3 weeks :)
    Couldn't edit 5mins after post, took to long :( Was writing this to try and help answer Subadaga's question:
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_subadaga View Post
    Well, Windows 10 is going to have support the upcoming DirectX12 and Vulkan API's which will improve the overall gaming experience(at least DirectX 12, I cant speak for the Vulkan API) by Allowing lower-level hardware abstraction and optimizations(Such as the "Single thread" CPU bottleneck in which the API processes all the data[preparing to be sent to the GPU] on a Single Processor core/thread; Also other related things like the ease in enabling Game developer's to spread processes more efficiently among more than 1-2 cores, essentially eliminating the CPU Bottleneck to an extent; And increasing the amount of draw-calls the Processor can process by using things like Pipeline-state Objects that are essentially "pre-processed" object's; IE Objects(Objects are, in programming, essentially are instances of a Class that can contain a variety of variables & methods/functions(depends on language) that have been already completed/final upon being created.

**Got it reserved, I read in multiple places its going to be released in "waves" after the initial release date of July 29th(Today), so Hopefully ill have it in the next 2-3 weeks :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Grady666 View Post
    Couldn't edit 5mins after post, took to long :( Was writing this to try and help answer Subadaga's question:

Well, Windows 10 is going to have support the upcoming DirectX12 and Vulkan API's which will improve the overall gaming experience(at least DirectX 12, I cant speak for the Vulkan API) by Allowing lower-level hardware abstraction and optimizations(Such as the "Single thread" CPU bottleneck in which the API processes all the data[preparing to be sent to the GPU] on a Single Processor core/thread; Also other related things like the ease in enabling Game developer's to spread processes more efficiently among more than 1-2 cores, essentially eliminating the CPU Bottleneck to an extent; And increasing the amount of draw-calls the Processor can process by using things like Pipeline-state Objects that are essentially "pre-processed" object's; IE Objects(Objects are, in programming, essentially are instances of a Class that can contain a variety of variables & methods/functions(depends on language) that have been already completed/final upon being created.

**Got it reserved, I read in multiple places its going to be released in "waves" after the initial release date of July 29th(Today), so Hopefully ill have it in the next 2-3 weeks :)
    It's worth noting that just because it has DX12 support doesn't mean any games will utilize it for quite a while to come.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Puddley94 View Post
    It's worth noting that just because it has DX12 support doesn't mean any games will utilize it for quite a while to come.
    Thats true, but when they do I'd want to reap the benefits. Also Windows 10 is sure to have a few additional benefits/nice features that 8.1 doesn't(I get 8.1 for free, so If thats not the case Ill just revert, unless i fall in love w/ Win10)

Save the whales. Collect the whole set SazzyPazz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ill be testing it out. Got it downloaded at work today. If you want news, ill update you on it.

Can I have your Tots Frostwolfe's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm on it, seems to be fine.
    If you want to push the installer and you're already 'reserved' just open the command prompt (cmd.exe) as admin and type wuauclt.exe /updatenow

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Frostwolfe View Post
    I'm on it, seems to be fine.
    If you want to push the installer and you're already 'reserved' just open the command prompt (cmd.exe) as admin and type wuauclt.exe /updatenow
    I've been at work all day and I can see the setup folder on my C drive for it but it isn't offering me the upgrade. I'm using this method now. Here's hoping I can get it to work :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah, on the most unused of 6 computers I own.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Downloaded and installed it as a VM for further testing. Will likely install it on my desktop in the next week or so.
    Waiting for MS to release a connector for Server 2012R2 Essentials for backups.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

In my opinion the best thing to do is wait for atleast a service pack to come out before jumping to windows 10. Unless you have windows 8, windows vista, or anything worse than those two then yeah go for it. If you pay attention to microsoft's track record they usually put out a shit OS then a really good OS then so on and so on. For example, win 95(sucked), win98 2nd(better), win nt(not bad), win me (crap), win xp(good), win vista(crap), win 7(awesome), win 8(crap), so hopefully win 10 will be pretty awesome but you never know. I have been repairing window OS's since win 95 and its always better to wait 6 months to a year before jumping to a new OS. I will probably test win 10 on another drive to see how it performs but I will keep win 7 atleast for another year or two until I am satisfied that win 10 is up to par.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Greenmask20's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I hear alot of people saying they HATE windows 8. I myself have no issue what so ever with it. That being said I have been an insider for a few years now and have been testing various 10 builds for the past 4 months. I find it to be a mix of 7 and 8 (The best parts of both),but at the time I am writing this, I am in the process of installing the RTM build TH1 Professional 10240 (Public release). The only real downside that I have found on 10 is there is no OEM way to play dvds since they got rid of WMP. They say all programs that are compatible with windows 8 will run on 10 no problem, but that isn't always the case. That being said, I would still wait 2-3 months for them to iron out any bugs they miss during the release before I install it on my main computer or would recommend any one else to do the same. Remember, you have 1 full year from today to take the free upgrade and then it goes to $120.

Destroying cities from left to right GoDziLLa's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I got mine already and using windows 10 for about 30min now no crashes at all everything seems to be working fine :D
    If u guys want to force it i heard all you can do this through command prompt.
    !. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
    2. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

if you didn't get to reserve it, you can head to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and download it directly.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Scipio's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm going to wait a week to give it time to get some bugs ironed out. Plus I need to wait for some software/drivers to become compatible. Otherwise, I'm definitely upgrading. There's so much good stuff, especially NATIVE VIDEO CAPTURE! :D:D:D:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast