If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Can we have a sticky on how to see squadron standings?

A pilot from VOD was telling everyone in ALL chat that AOD was a joke squadron. I'm not one to talk smack, but I do tend to feel the need to hand out some smacking to those who talk down to me. On the other hand, this guy is lvl 100 in the game. I don't know if he bought all his planes or worked his way up, but while I'm ok with people being proud of themselves, I've always been quick to get irritated with folks who want to be proud at my expense.

I died in the round where I was up against them. The top two were lvl 100 players in a fighter & bomber team. Another lvl 100 player from another team was spouting off too, but he was more bragging and less insulting. That guy said his squadron was #2 in the world. I guess I'd like to be able to look that up. though. I about never have time to look at what squadron anyone is in, much less pick which to kill, but that is one guy I just feel the need to knock down a peg or two.

In hindsight, I think it was that last player typing about a trick he learned in Viet Nam that I got irritated with first. I'm a bit older, and I don't know that I've met too many guys who were in combat that feel inclined to brag about it. I have relatives who went through 'Nam, and none of them brag about it. It could be that things are different for fighter pilots, but I don't know.

I would like to be able to look up these other squadrons, though.

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would delete this tread if I could. The screen I was on, I could not see the AOD tab in the upper left. By clicking there, I could see where we stood against the other squadrons, and where I was in ours.