All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Liquid GPU Cooler?

I'm a fan of Overclocking of GPU's, I saw this Hydro Series HG10 N780

Yeah yeah yeah.. Only for 770, 780, 780Ti Boost and Titan.
    But if I want a GPU cooler like that I'll use it in GTX 960 (4GB) or 970 (2GB) or maybe something more insane.

Maybe there is a lot of options and opinions that is important to read for cooling your PC Extreme Master Race 4K Noob level -2

But I want your opinions about Liquid GPU Cooler, like... Does it worth like they say? Does it explode? ---> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=117207

Please tell me what you think!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Carts60's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I asked myself the same question about 6 months ago and made a DIY alternative from an old Corsair H60 I wasn't using anymore and some zip-ties to hold it down to the chip. Then used a 92mm Noctua fan and some small heat sinks to cool the VRAM.

In short, it worked great. The 280X ran about 20 degrees cooler than on the stock air cooler and it was way more efficient at exhausting the heat out of the case rather than dissipating it into the case.

Not only does the GPU run cooler but its also a lot quieter as the fan you use to cool the radiator is larger and can push more air at a lower speed to keep the GPU cool.

Just make sure before you go removing the stock cooler that you're either out of warranty OR you're covered by the manufacturer's warranty to fiddle with the cooling (EVGA for instance), otherwise, if you do wind up with a fried card, you're stuck.

This is a slippery slope however as after a couple of months of running it like that, I was no longer happy with a half baked solution and I now run a full custom water loop....