All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Newshit GTX 750 OC... The Best Idea

It's not the GTX 750 Ti or GTX 750 16GB BOOST SSD Coolgate.

Just a GTX 750 1GB

The reason for this post is.. that there is not a lot of difference to GTX 750 and GTX 750 OC.
    I got this GPU 1 month ago, and I tried to burn it down...

I used MSI After burner for this:
    -Power Limit 100%
    -Core Clock(MHz) +200
    -Memory Clock (MHz) +250
    -Fan Speed 85% (A single fan that can't cool a RAM)

I tried benchmarks, Stress Test and Ultra Gaming 1080P (Actual Resolution 1920x1080) and... the Average FPS still there:

Batman Arkham Origins:
    Without OC all Ultra = Min 14.5 FPS Avg= 46 FPS Max= 100 FPS (Looking at the sky)
    With OC all Ultra = Min 17 FPS Avg = 50FPS Max= 102 FPS (Looking at the sky)

I can Put a lot of games and benchmarks here but it's a "short post".
    So the million question then... Does it really worth that I put an OC in my GTX 750 1GB? = NO it's the same thing (only with 4 or 7 FPS more) so I recommend to buy a better GPU
    If you watch a comparison in youtube you'll never get the right answer, while you are recording you spend like 10 or 30 FPS in that video, so just don't.

Also I made an ultimate OC that can't play any game
    Core Clock +650
    Memory Clock +800
    This was before it crash and I can only say... I can only play TF2 with 20 FPS more (Actually running at 90 - 100 FPS)
    So at this point I need your opinion guys,

Maybe I'm the only here in AOD with a GTX 750 1GB, or maybe not....

Tell me if I can get more FPS (I don't care for video quality) with other kind of OC or I'm wrong and my GTX sucks. And also you know..... Bad English is Bad

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

A 750 1gb card won't get you far these days. A couple years ago, it may have been decent at best. I would recommend saving up for a 970 or at least a 960. Both are 4gb cards and are pretty decent by today's standards.

Also, what CPU are you using?

Can I have your Tots dendroaspis84's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I agree with AOD_Rainbow Dash.
    Today at least 3GB is needed. Best buy with price/performance will be GTX 970 from Nvidia & R9 390 from red team, especially if you're gaming on 1080p.

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    A 750 1gb card won't get you far these days. A couple years ago, it may have been decent at best. I would recommend saving up for a 970 or at least a 960. Both are 4gb cards and are pretty decent by today's standards.

+1 Also, good point about your Processor, if you have a lower-end(Celeron/Pentium/Core i3 without out hyper-threading and below) CPU then any type of incremental improvements in the GPU wont do much(and in your case any, really) if any, to your Frame rates. 1 GB Frame buffer is not very optimal for 1080p, plus the 750( You may be able to slide by w/ a 750Ti with a 2 Gig Frame Buffer, and a core i3 w/ hyperthreading) isnt going to keep up well w/ 1080p. What settings do you generally run at?
    Last edited by Grady666; 08-16-2015 at 09:55 AM.

All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post

CPU: AMD FX 6300 3.8Ghz
    GPU: GTX 750 1GB
    RAM: PNY 8GB 1600Mhz

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Grady666 View Post
    +1 Also, good point about your Processor, if you have a lower-end(Celeron/Pentium/Core i3 without out hyper-threading and below) CPU then any type of incremental improvements in the GPU wont do much(and in your case any, really) if any, to your Frame rates. 1 GB Frame buffer is not very optimal for 1080p, plus the 750( You may be able to slide by w/ a 750Ti with a 2 Gig Frame Buffer, and a core i3 w/ hyperthreading) isnt going to keep up well w/ 1080p. What settings do you generally run at?
    This games in High or even Ultra settings 60FPS+ 1920x1080p
    -Team Fortress 2
    -LoL
    -Left 4 Dead 2
    -Killing Floor 2 (No V-sync)
    -Dead Space 1/2
    -Outlast
    -Metro Redux (No SSAA, No Motion Blur, Tesselation Medium, No V-Sync)
    -Payday 1/2
    -Alien Isolation (No V-Sync)
    -Call of Duty BO II
    -Batman Arkham Games (No Physx)

And this games in Medium or Low settings 40FPS less or more, 1920x1080 (No V-sync, No Blur Amount, No Shadows, No Tessellation)
    -Battlefield 4 / 3
    -Battlefield Bad Company 2
    -Sniper Elite
    -Fallout 3