If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Two quick tank questions:

1) What are the better tanks to have in T4 and T5? (for whichever countries you drive tanks for)
    2) When are squadron battles likely?

Time is Monet. - Monty Burns Beanbb's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

1. A little subjective, but imo -
    A. T4, probably the US T32 - Good armor, good mobility, good turret traverse, only one real weak spot on front (lower hull front goes right to ammo), good gun. If you like TD's, the Elefant is a real good choice. For AA the Kugelblitz is just the best, and I prefer it over the T5's.
    B. T5 - pick a Russian, any Russian. Hands down the Russian T5's own the tier. T54, just pick one. IS3, IS4, or T-10, you can't go wrong. The Russian T5's are so OP you just can't go wrong. Their TD's pretty much blow at this tier (good gun, absolutely shit armor), you're better off with the Jagdtiger or T95. Some people will point you to the Maus, but I have one and rarely play it nowadays. Too big, too slow, and the huge weak spots on the front turret cheeks make you want to rage quit some days. Sure you can have a couple of amazing games in it, but it's just too rare nowadays with sabot rounds and FS-HEAT, I do way better in my M103 than my Maus.

2. Sat and Sun usually starting about Noon EST.

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

With the Soviets, I am working on T4 now. I have already noticed that the T4 Soviet tank destroyers are slow and very lightly armored. I have had German TD's slaughter me because they could easily outmaneuver me for a shot, where I was slow to reload *and* slow to reposition. So far, the Soviet TD's seem to have a bigger silhouette, too.

I am looking forward to driving the hotter tanks. I will likely research Russians first, for the easier money, then get the US & German top armor.

Thanks for the advice! :-)