If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! ShadowMuffin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Bullshit Tigers

I just hate them: They go into every 5.7 match and are literally impenetrable, except the derpy KV2 that shoots HE

AOD for life AOD Member AOD_Kharior's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

You really need to work around them. Flank hard and look at it in armor view (in the garage) for the weak points. I've killed a few in my American tanks, so they aren't invincible, but keep in mind, where there is one Tiger there is usually at least one more. (Also, Russians seal club like everything from BR 2.0-4.7 so enjoy it while it lasts.)
    Kill the meat, save the metal
    -DraigUK

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

in RB/SB I wait for them to turn to shoot my team-mates who lemming towards them & put a shot through the side of their turret, if they are stupid enough to expose their lower frontal plate a shot there normally sets them on fire because ... gaijin...

If it is angled around 30 degrees to you dont bother trying to shoot its hull as that is its strongest side

If you get to its side a shot below the turret sink & above the tracks tends to 1 shot it as the ammo is around there

From the rear just hit the engine, it well normally set of fire, if your reload is good enough you can then pop on in the turret while it turned around, most tiger players remove the shells from the turret so you cant ammo rack them there (might just be tiger 2's though)

Occasionally you can shoot the commander's cupola and the round will fragment downwards and kill the turret crew, sometimes detonate ammo, all sorts of fun. But that is more an "oh sh*t" trick

Lastly, their turret traverse is awful, if you track them they then cant hull turn to speed it up, better still if they are moving they can spin around to give you that oh so sweet side shot.

Oh also ammo depletion; the ammo depletes (i think) from the front left & right side racks first so if you are shooting them later in the game aim a bit further back to get the second racks

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also tigers BR is 5.7 so your in the prime Tiger zone there, as you play more you will learn how to deal with them - btw what nation are you playing as?

Can I have your Tots ThreeSe7en's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Marrv View Post
    Also tigers BR is 5.7 so your in the prime Tiger zone there, as you play more you will learn how to deal with them - btw what nation are you playing as?
    It really helps to play the as the Tiger. When you get shot, you can watch the kill cam and see how someone else hits your weak spots, then turn around and do the same... takes alot of grinding and some shots are very lucky but youll learn quick what works and what doesnt..

GOOD LUCK!!!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Side turret does the trick every time with APCR well at least 85mm shells for me.