Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Elite: Dangerous anyone?

Does ANYONE in AOD play Elite: Dangerous? I know that there is a group of you that play Star Citizen, but have yet to see anyone mention Elite: Dangerous!

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_crucified's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Default Elite: Dangerous anyone?

the game looks pretty good and I've almost bought it on a couple occasions. only thing stopping me is the pending releases of games like star citizen and no man's sky both look to be amazing and one of them is going to get my free time just waiting to see which one turns out better

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! CreepyCannibal's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showth...lite+Dangerous

Some people play, but it's a fairly random group of people and I believe most switched to Star Citizen.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Elite Dangerous, up to this point, doesn't support large groups. Even the devs have said they don't want to support large groups. So sadly, it's been relegated to a pick-up game that a few were playing at one point. Do not know current status.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That's all pretty upsetting to hear.
    I definitely won't be buying a game where you have to buy the ships to play it with real money.
    That's just bad form considering how much money they're received to create the game.

Well if anyone does decide to play then add me: CHXOSS <-- Yes, 2 S's

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

No mans sky will have an embargo on it for 1 year before it comes to PC, as it is a ps4 exclusive on release and standard ps4 exclusives have a 1 year embargo before they can go to other platforms (well on other cross over games)

Star citizen is estimated release in 2016, but they have said themselves that it is likely to be pushed back, costs a LOT to get seriously invested and so far has very little playability

ED does not support large groups well, but wings work well now. Players working together can achieve stuff, but if you want to have a 16v16 match in open your out of luck. It all depends on how you want to play it, but anything approaching clan/guild size is not going to be implemented directly in to the game from what I can tell

So the choice is basically; do you want to play something now, wait 1 year possibly more, or wait at least 18 months (no mans sky)