Thread: I'm back :D

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue LoneSpirit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Money I'm back :D

Hello everyone,

Finally managed to find some morons who can connect 2 cables and get me internet connection. (Cost me 60 euros to do so)
    After about 3 months or so. Turns out these ISP's from Germany are complete morons.

My internet is now from 1&1, booked 50000 kbits, but the connection only makes 25k....
    And its from Deutsche Telekom, so basically I have been screwed over again.

Now I scraped some cash together and want to get a PC since this laptop I bought barely can play WT at 20 fps.
    I have a super tight budget at around 300 Euros, just need some help deciding what to get.

Found two used Conf's but dunno which one to get.

Already got a Monitor 24" 144hz from Benq, mouse, keyboard etc.

1st.
    Intel core i3 2120, HD 6870 1gb DDR5, 4GB DDR3 2x2 dual channel, H61 motherboard, 420W PSU. 230 Euro

2nd.
    AMD FX 6100, AMD 3000 integrated, 8 GB DDR3 single channel, M5A78L-M LE motherboard, 420W PSU. 170 Euro (can upgrade with a GTX 580 and 600w PSU for 100 euro)

I know both are dead sockets, and pretty shit cpu/gpu combos, but I'm severely limited by my budget.
    So which one should I get?

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Caash95's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

To be honest you should buy the cheaper one and enhance it as it goes since that in the end will pay off

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! ToukoSan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Welcome back! :D

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Caash95 View Post
    To be honest you should buy the cheaper one and enhance it as it goes since that in the end will pay off
    For some reason thought he said laptop, but misread. I agree with caash on this, if your short on money (but will get more over time) the best bet is to do a gradual upgrade. However after checking everything I dont think it will be a valid option for you beyond keeping the gpu as you upgrade mobo/cpu at some point

The AMD vs intel argument is now basically go intel if you can, the chips are just better, AMD still maintain a cost to power that is competitive though. This is only really applicable though if your getting a z97 era motherboard (which your not), so if you did upgrade to Intel i5 family you most likely would be wanting a new motherboard at that time anyway.

Benchmarking wise (not pure games though) the AMD option will give a better cpu (40% increase in score), the intergrated graphics I cannot find a score for, the gtx 580 is far better than the 6870 (nearly twice as powerful)

So if you can afford the gtx 580 & the amd build it would give a stronger performance, especially with the extra 4gb ram (I assume will be 1600 or there abouts?) Also I ran the psu an your right in getting the slightly larger one as you will be running in to issues :)

Lastly with the mobo being a micro-atx you will want to make sure the gfx card does fit (google around & see if the has been any known issues or email the vendor)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh lastly; performance in WT - I am just upgrading from a AMD phenom x4 II 955 BE (oc'd) & hd6850 which is weaker than the AMD build with gtx 580 but should still give you a guide, I get around 20-30fps depending on what I am doing & what is going on. I do play on a custom variant of low setting though.

Sorry to be a downer, if you were expecting more but I believe in giving realistic advice.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also post in out Computers, Software & Technical support section of the forum. Lots of people there know lots of useful information;

http://www.clanaod.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue LoneSpirit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hey thanks for the advice but I somehow messed it all up and both PC configurations have been sold before I could get my day off from work to go get them.
    Maybe its good, maybe not.

Now found another 2 configurations but dunno what to get, tomorrow I'm gonna buy one of them, guess I will just throw a coin

1. AMD A10-6700, ASRock FM2A78m pro3+, 2x4 gb DDR3 1600mhz, HD 7870 2 GB, 2 TB HDD, 500W Gold 80+ PSU (295 Euros)

2. Intel Core i5 3330, Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V, 1x8 gb DDR3 1600mhz, GTX 960 2GB Phantom edition, 640 GB WD 32MB HDD, 500W PSU (270 Euros)