As a platoon leader we often struggle to find new squad leads and I'm hoping to alleviate this problem with some simple tips and tricks. First off know that squad leading will significantly increase your cert generation with the following ribbons:

Mentorship Ribbon - Awarded to players in a squad who are above BR 20. Awarded by being within 50m of a squadmate who is at or under BR 20 for every 200 squad bonus XP that squadmate earns.
Drill Sergeant Ribbon - Awarded to squad leaders. This ribbon is awarded every time a player under Battle Rank 20 gains a battle rank in the squad. Requires the squad leader to be within 300m of the player to receive the ribbon.
Squad Leadership Ribbon - Awarded to squad leaders. This ribbon is awarded for every 500 squad bonus XP generated by players in the squad. Requires the squad leader to be within 300m to receive credit towards the ribbon.

Each ribbon is +250xp to +500xp, you will also get assist xp from gal drops, valk drops, and beacon drops. Each one of these drops is affected by boosts and continental xp bonuses which stack. On average i calculated a 32% xp gain to my normal game play, yes thats right, just for holding that squad leader position.

To Squad Lead we ask you spend the 50 certs to get a beacon first stage, this tool is a Monster and should be treated as such as it is a force multiplier and a cert generator. My pro tip here take the time to put it in a place where only a light assault can get to it, top of buildings or towers, trees, etc., the closer to the cap point you can get it the better. This action will keep your beacon alive longer and allow you to move your squad into an effective position for tactical advantage.

Take pride in being a squad leader, don't be afraid to kick members that aren't moving with you, remember they are working XP for you, anyone not following along is affecting YOUR xp/cash flow. You'll will probably have to integrate some gentle reminders at first but your squad will tune in to a responsive squad leader and get the hint, you're not tolerating any misbehavior.

We are always looking for people that want to squad lead and it is a tremendous help to AOD and the Platoon Leader to have razor sharp squads on the battlefield.