Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Plane Suggestions

Hey guys,

Can someone please help me here with any advice you can

I turn fight 99% of the time in RB, with the occasional boom and zoom here and there
    I fly only the i16 type 27 and all the mods are researched, I get 2 - 4 kills per match on a good day which I'm happy with
    The reason I only fly it is that I'm comfortable with the plane and I know where it's limits are and so forth, but I want to broaden my choice of planes a bit for higher tier battles
    So 2 questions...
    -Can someone give me suggestions of planes that are very good at turn fighting, have good energy retention and a decent armament with the exceptions of any spitfires? (I'm really not a fan)

-If you have any tips on how to fly a i16 like a champion, please share :)

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well if you don't like the Spitfire's ( are you out of your mind ?? )
    then i say go Yak's or any japanese zero A6M2 /A6M3 etc in low tier the jap Ki43 does really well

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Why don't you like Spitfires though? Is it that you just don't enjoy them as a plane or do you have problems with it?

If your answer is "problems", I suggest you work on that because they're really really good planes. I'd be more than happy to help you with that.

Sent from my KMT211cu using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nonfic; 11-27-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Spitfires excel in the 5.3 br too... oh those sweet griffons...

The only other consistent lineup with turn fighters is Japan and it's zeros... but they're super flimsy and burn easily. Not to mention a serious lack of firepower.

Tier 1 and 2 spits aren't that great, but if you stick with them, they become amazing planes.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Chappii's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

well its not that I have problems with it...
    I see waayyy too many people use them and I'm a person who tries to be different

I guess you can say I'm not mainstream

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well turn fighters are the mass appeal to many War Thunder pilots because they feed from the pure instant gratification of getting kills fast and like a dog chasing a bone, turn and go shoot.

This is why there are so many spits, japs, and to a lesser extent US planes in big furballs all with guns blazing...

To truly break from the mainstream game style, I'd suggest you practice and master the art of Energy Fighting. Using Boom and Zoom tactics and performing advanced flight maneuvers to get kills and stay alive takes more patience and skill, but can be extremely rewarding. There are several resources available to you in the tactics forum as well as pilots willing to help you in game on this. Germany is an excellent choice for this - and the US isnt half bad either with certain planes. On another positive note, while the FW 190's are pure energy fighters with amazing armament, the BF 109's are still very lethal and do offer you a big more maneuverability too without losing their ability to climb really well.

Good luck!