A few roos loose in the top paddock... Doggs133's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New stuff not all working...

Hey all. My laptop kinda destroyed itself a little while ago and I've replaced it with a PC. The new PC is working fine, as is the super awesome keyboard I got, and the monitor they threw in.

What's not working too well is the plug in mic on my brand new X-Wing Pilot Headset from Turtle Beach. If anyone can tell me how to configure the damn thing it would be greatly appreciated. It's so new Turtle Beach doesn't have any articles whatsoever in their support section.
    I can't actually figure out how it works either - there is only one jack; which plugs into the headset outlet on the tower. The mic plugs directly into the headset - so I can't figure out how an input(mic) goes through an output(headset).

So the end result is I won't be on TS until I can resolve this issue.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Is your headphones jack looks something like this (the rings) :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	511848798_449.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	20212

If It has 3 black rings, it means that jack supports both mic and the headphone speakers, in one. Mobile phone jacks works this way, my laptop's jack work this way but I think some PC's might not work this way. As far as I've seen PC's need two separate inputs, one for the mic and one for the speakers. You need to get a separator to separate mic and the headphone speaker (pink and green respectively). Looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqNHJF!FHhl7DCPrBS!VFkr6D!~~60_35.JPG 
Views:	273 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	20214
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Fema...-/400801114004

Note: If we already advanced to that new jack thing on PC's and this message isn't relevant in any way, well, sorry then.
    Last edited by nonfic; 11-27-2015 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Grammar.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

No that really helps thanks. I do have the 3 black rings on the jack... First thing in the morning I'll go out and get the splitter thingy.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Excellent! I'm glad that is helpful for you.

Funny thing, I've had the exact opposite problem of yours. My laptop needs that 3 ring jack thing and my headphone had two separate 2 ring jacks so I had to buy something that connects them together. That is where I got to know about this. :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Still no jack adaptor yet. But I finally got TS, WT, Steam, and Eternal Crusade installed. I'm still a noob with my keyboard - I have NFI what the extra keys do or how to use them. FYI it's a Logitech G510S... there's supposed to be a user manual supplied, but all the stupid thing is says is something about finding it in a folder somewhere. I'm having enough trouble negotiating Windows 10 - coming from Windows 7.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh, I'd assume you would need to download the "Logitech Gaming Software" which enables you to customize your keyboard/mouse's extra features. That is how I customize my Logitech mouse.

I found this link and you can download it on the bottom of the page, there is also a downloadable PDF file to guide you about the installation and/or how to use the program.
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/pr...aming-keyboard

About what to do with them, well, it is up to your imagination (and what you need). Since you have a lot of buttons I'd bind them to useful extra stuff in the game, the ones which doesn't have a normal key for them or it is out of reach, for example the cockpit light and opening the cockpit.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Once again - awesome advice nonfic. Cheers mate - I found the exact keyboard stuff at the site - d/l now :)

The satisfying feeling of slipping the knife between the third and fourth rib... AceofSlayed's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The Logitech Gaming Software allows you to fully customize the keys for button presses or multi key strokes (Like using G1, if setup to do so, could activate Shift and W for an easy sprint feature..... that's a for example. And if you set it up to make it a continuous key stroke, it's a great way to set up auto run on games that don't have this feature).

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.ph...ant-keyboards/

This will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

I have the G19s keyboard myself. Love the full color LCD for watching YouTube while gaming.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Just an update - I'm hoping to grab the splitter jack thingy after my jobs today, so I'll be able to get back in the cockpit properly. As for the keyboard - for some stupid reason the software didn't d/l properly and whenever I go back to the site it fails to load. Still trying to get this working though.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ah, you can always download the program from its main page, right here : http://support.logitech.com/en_us/so...aming-software

Also, you have to select if you want the 32 bit or the 64 bit version. I assume 32 bit version will work on both 32 and 64 bit versions so if you want to be safe you can just download that, otherwise you have to check if your operating system is 64 bit or not. You can do that by basically going to Control Panel then launching System (there is a search bar at the top right corner if you can't find System, you can just search it there). After launching System, if you look at your system information it should say "32-bit Operating System, x86 based processor" or "64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor" somewhere around middle. That decides which version of the program you want.