Knee High to a Worms Ass SuBeRlO's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default How To Use The Bf 109 F4/Tropical In RB/Sim (War Thunder)

I just got my Bf 109 F4/tropical not padded of course but i was just wondering how to use it. I was having some problems doing scissors and hammerheads becuse of the bad power retention i guess, it isnīt bad but just below average. I don`t know maybe this will change when i get it Fullyupgradded and then i can give some honest reviews about it.
    Just asking again how to use Bf 109 F4/Tropical in RB/Sim, i skipped Arcade becuse power retention and such other flight characteristics just go completely out of the window in Arcade, maybe turn time.

SuBeRlO (SuB!)

S.S
    Last edited by SuBeRlO; 12-01-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Skipped a part

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can't really tell much about SIM since I play it rarely and never flown the F4/trop. However, I can tell you that on RB it is actually pretty good in my opinion. Both of the F4s were the first BF109's that I really enjoyed.

About scissors, it depends what plane you are doing it up against. If it is a Spitfire or something I wouldn't go into scissors with it. Also, it depends on the pilot too. If the guy you are going up against has like 5000 battles in RB and knows what he is doing maybe he might have some tricks up his sleeve, you never know :)

About hammerheads, I don't think F4/trop should have trouble in the hammerheads. Maybe it is because you haven't spaded it yet, I remember my F4s were suffering when I didn't have the upgrades so after that maybe that will be solved.

About everything else, well, plane can do what it is supposed to do. I personally side climb with the F4/trop and then engage the guys from top to bottom, working my way down. When you get the altitude it is easy to Boom and Zoom the enemy if you stick to your rules and not go turn fight them after diving on them or something. If the problem is getting the altitude, if they can climb more than you do, well, in that moment you are at a disadvantage but you can still try to fight them. Pull a Split S when they dive on you, maneuver around so they overshoot, then try to get them when they are climbing if you still have the energy, pull them down to your friendlies so when they finally give up and try to dogfight there will be a lot of guys to cover you.

Also, I think I flown my F4s almost always with a squad. A squad member or two can be very helpful sometimes, hell you can even with a match with four guys :) I am currently trying to work on my Tier IV Germans but if you want to fly the F4 with me I can switch to it, I missed flying it a lot :)