Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Really Disappointment With The British

It comes with a heavy heart that i'm hurt with the launch of the British tank tree, not only do they seem very buggy and prone to absurd battles the whole tree isn't even available to the public yet. They say the British are in a Closed Beta Test or CBT and that you can join this one of two ways, spend money and buy one of the packs with the first British tanks or complete a specified task which has not been revealed yet , so you can't grind past the first 4 tanks otherwise. The British T17 AA car is the most OP vehicle for them at the moment as well, not only does it appear to take more hits but just wrecks all other British tanks with ease. So with a series of tanks that don't truly reflect the British tanks we expected and locking the rest behind a pay wall i think WT has just taken another nasty turn for the worse. If tanks need more testing have the dev server up longer and release the update a few weeks later, its not fair that during the holidays they want more money for tanks that should be free.

Rant over, sorry just really pissed off about the whole fact i was informed poorly about the new update and seems to have been on purpose.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I believe the same thing happened with the American tanks release, the test thing behind a paywall, etc. I don't think it was as severe as this one, because they are slowly perfecting it and back then it was only their first try at something like this.

A lot of people were wanting and expecting the British tanks to arrive, so Gaijin added them to the game as quickly as possible. Instead of going through bunch of tests on the Dev Server (and probably keeping the update from releasing for at least a month) they decided to make the tests on the normal client. This is to please the people who wanted the British tanks to be added to the game, giving them at least something to fill their expectations.

However, on the other hand, they have to still balance the new tanks, so their player base can still enjoy the game and continue playing it. To balance the tanks they have to make some tests, see if a vehicle is more powerful than what it faces or gets dominated by them. What better way to make this tests in the main game itself, right? But, behind a paywall. It is the perfect way to gain more money from the simple testing phase of an update. Gaijin will make money, people who are expecting British tanks to be added will play the tanks they wanted, tanks will be balanced, most of the players will enjoy the update when the testing phase ends and they are all available to the public, all perfect!

Still though, I believe this isn't a good way to handle this sort of thing. Having to pay some money to be in the tests or waiting for them to come out while there are people already enjoying them isn't the best way to approach it. They could've done things much better (by simply making the Dev Server run a little bit more, and delaying the update until it is truly ready) but they decided not to. How would they make more money from this sort of thing otherwise? I can see the attempt from Gaijin to gain more money from the people who has huge expectations for this kind of update. First releasing four Premium British tanks to gain money, then putting the tests behind a paywall... yeah, it is clear that they want money.

What they should've done is to focus on one part and make it work that way. They should've either let everyone play the tanks from the beginning and try to balance it afterwards or just let the Dev Server run for a longer time and add the balanced complete tree to the main game itself. Casual players would benefit from having all the tanks available to them right from the beginning, they would just go into matches and have fun with them even if they get killed or kill everything in their path but competitive players would get frustrated with this. Competitive players would benefit from waiting a while for the new tree to be tested and balanced (on a completely different platform, like the Dev Server) and then getting the whole balanced tree added to the main game, but this would make people who are expecting the British tanks to be added wait a lot more, and make Gaijin gain less money from it.

Hah, I don't believe that Gaijin cares for their community anymore. They are just in this to gain more and more money, hence using cheap tactics to get it from people who are eager to spend it. Well played Gaijin, well played.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well have you tried the new British dweller tank? Very effective as you can see from my first day testing the tier l's out, it has exclusive adaptability tracks so no one will see you coming!

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AndyinBrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ha,

Im quite enjoying them and youve been told you need to win 5 battles a day for 12 days (from the 19th) to earn access.

I quite like them, their fun, low armoured and handle like greased weasels in AB

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AndyinBrum View Post
    Ha,

Im quite enjoying them and youve been told you need to win 5 battles a day for 12 days (from the 19th) to earn access.
    See i went back and saw that but at the same time it was not implied that the update was coming out before the test, traditionally testing is done in special servers or in small control groups. So yes i missed that it was implied to work at a post update level, like I said it was a rant from more pure frustration, got all four unlocked and then i just waste time essentially since i can't grind to the next tank.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AndyinBrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I realised I'd written that more aggressively than intended.

I suppose you can boost your crew skills :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AndyinBrum View Post
    I realised I'd written that more aggressively than intended.

I suppose you can boost your crew skills :)
    No worries the crew thing was my next idea but we will see how long that last as I may just grind crew points from the planes.

~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

the tanks will be available to everyone, as said u can purchase a pack.. OR you can start playing on the 19th, get 5 wins and you get a star... you need 12 stars to unlock the british line and become a tester.. also u get a forum award and a free premium tank so play for 12 days get 5 wins a day and get 12 stars, unlock tester status for british tanks. no purchase necessary.

aaannnd now i just realized someone already posted it :( lol
    ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~
    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

Save the whales. Collect the whole set AOD Member AOD_MHare's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

let me tell you something right here and right now and a lot of people already know this. Gaijen doesn't give a Rat's ASS about the community. They don't care about people reporting people for team killing or anything of that sort. You send the report in day after day about people team killing and Hacking and you KNOW they're hacking and they look at the report and throw it in the damn waste basket. So reporting ANYONE is completely useless and pointless and a MAJOR waste of your time. So don't bother.
    As I said before Gaijen doesn't CARE about the community. They also don't care about the game like they USED to. Sure they do updates. But those updates are usually minor ones just to keep the masses happy. They care about Money, Money, Money, and did I mention MORE Money? Take the British tanks for a REALLY good example. SURE they just came out. SURE they a under armored. SURE they entire tree is not available because it's being "Beta Tested" or how ever they want to put it. I got news for ALL of you. They have the entire British tree ready. They've already PERFECTED them. But they're NOT gonna roll those tanks and the entire tree out. You want that Tree? Spend lots of your hard earned money on a Bundle. Granted the bundle I looked at was only $16.99 US. But if you MULTIPLY that figure. HO!!! Now were' talking THOUSANDS of dollars that Gaijen is getting. They're money hungry. Always have been, a;ways will be. I haven't spent ANY money with Gaijen for awhile and I don't plan on it.
    So go ahead, throw away your money. That's up to you.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

you could just wait for 3 week for the British tanks to be released to the public

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BhPlay's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wwjd

Well they are in beta soooo.........

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

OR GO FOR THE 12 STARS OF CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE; WIN at least 5 battles each day for 12 days with 80% activity with british tanks and you could get instant access to CBT.

Only 11 stars to go for me!