OK, So I'm rather embarrassed to post this here but I need some honest help really fast.
Over the summer I ordered and built my PC, and it has served me well until this point. Until recently. I've put up with it until now, but since it has been functioning, the SSHD, a Seagate Desktop ST1000DX001 model, has never shut down, and the system freezes on the shutdown screen, with all drives and systems still powered on, and no response from the keyboard or mouse, nor any other commands except to force shut down by holding down the power button. This hasn't been worth my worry, so I just use the reset button on the front of my case. Until I went to windows update, and realized that my PC has been FAILING to update. With the PC frozen on the shutdown screen, I have been unable to update anything since the November Third Megaupdate from Microsoft. That has not installed nor has anything else I've tried to do. All drivers are up to date, and I've scoured the internet over and over again to try and find other issues similar. I'd like to avoid reinstalling windows, as the key I used to install seven and then upgrade is no longer valid, it's reached it's maximum number of uses, as I've used it before for my older systems that are now dead (yay old PCs), and I'd really like to avoid buying a new copy of windows. No, I didn't pirate the license, It's actually mine and is actually from Microsoft. Any other questions and comments you give I will answer to the best of my abilities, and I am truly despirate for assistance, I would like this fixed before the December update comes out. I am currently on windows 10 build 1510, trying to go to 1511. What I have tried: Installing normally reattempting the install restarting the computer using multiple methods using the restart button on my case after the install freezes letting it run for 48 hours to try and work it's way through windows update troubleshooter *always claims that it fixed something unplugging all cables, peripherals, and devices from the pc when attempting the update *except mouse or monitors crying google bing yahoo repeat all steps above. PC PLAN as of Now: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Rixxan/saved/CTFypg minus half the RAM and the SSD *hoping to get those soon The OS is also not where I got it from, I used an old windows 7 pro key and upgraded. I got the key from Microsoft. Thank you all for your time.
So tried using the SFC /Scannow command and the DISM commands. Got the update to work, it went through several reboots in the process, and got the update to 87% complete.... then failed (computer locked up, unresponsive, two hours later no change, tried the reset button, but it then reverted all changes and went back to it's failed state.
I really need some help.