Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Javascap's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default The Human Cost of World War II

There's a website making the rounds on the internet detailing how many lives were lost in the conflict War Thunder is based in. Thought you guys would be interested in it.

http://www.fallen.io/ww2/

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Seen it before but still interesting

Also nice to see an American noticing the war was 6 years long :)

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

6 years? china disagrees (japan invaded china in 1937 - the first act of aggression from the axis powers. there's a lot more war where people died than is credited to the history books).

none the less, poor russians. 20-25M and they're barely even acknowledged as contributing to the war over here in the states.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

A long bloody war none the less, and remember if the japanese weren't ignored at the the end of the war at the treaty conference they probably wouldn't have joined the axis, as they fought in wwi

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quite interesting to learn about.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DonnyMack View Post
    6 years? china disagrees (japan invaded china in 1937 - the first act of aggression from the axis powers. there's a lot more war where people died than is credited to the history books).

none the less, poor russians. 20-25M and they're barely even acknowledged as contributing to the war over here in the states.
    Well considering the main antagonist was Germany (although the vid likes to refer to them as Nazi's (don't get me started on the difference between a political power and a country!)) it may be faor to state that 1939 was the start point, Japan only entered the fray when it attacked USA but had become allied with Germany in 1940 under the Tripartite Pact, thus became aprt of the "axis" at 1940, regardless of its prior invasions or ongoing conflicts.

The question would hinge upon at what point did World War 2 become "World War" - I would wager it would be when the majority of the world would be in a war by the same alliance, thus 1940 (so neither of us would be correct) from the Tripartite Pact which unified the wars in Europe & Africa (due to German/Italy actions) with Eastern Asia, Australasia & Pacific (Japanese actions).

If you focus on the era of conflict, Why stop at 1937? The Manchurian Conflict occurred early 1930's and continued in guerilla form til past the "end" of WW2. The Chinese were in war or occupation from 1931.

As for the Russians, they paid a huge price. Then paid another huge one under Stalin. Yet they continue to use the same methodology to an extent now; human lives are cheap.
    Last edited by Marrv; 12-25-2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: always typos

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Impressive to say the least .......... R.I.P........

Save the whales. Collect the whole set AOD Member AOD_MHare's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I love this video. I also hate to correct anyone in AOD but I AM going to correct Donnymack a bit here. Yes. Japan DID invade China in 1937. BUT it was not the Axis powrs. Japan was not alligned with germany until later and the the WORLD was not at war, just China and Japan. I believe I am correct in y thinking. Please correct me if I am not.