Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Marvin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Phantasy Star Online 2?

Does anybody play PSO2 Japanese version at all? I started playing it using the English patch a few days ago and I'm looking for people to play with. I'm just curious to see if there's anybody in AOD who plays.

I was a huge fan of PSO1 on the Dreamcast, and when the NA version gets announced I'll be posting a division request thread with tons of content and will show this game off :) I think it has potential for a division here but we'll see.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! MrShlopalopagus's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I tried to play it, but the hassle of getting everything set up was not worth it to me. Plus doesnt the english patch do only an Okay job at translating everything?

EDIT: I loved playing PSP2 on the PSP

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I remember being excited about this game a year or two ago, but the hype died soon after. I thought about getting the Japanese version and using the English patch, but I didn't bother because I'm lazy and I didn't want to play on servers located in Japan.

I used to love playing PSO for the Gamecube when I was younger, and even played PSOBB (Blue Burst) for the PC for a few years (The Schthack server, which was the most popular for quite a while).

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Marvin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It's not that bad to set everything up to get playing on the JP version, I have a guide I followed and it worked with minimal issues. The patches themselves translate a good portion of the game (menus, items, story, basically the important bits) and they're still working on the rest. Google Translate helps a bit too, and there are guides everywhere that explain features you might be curious about. Just Google 'Pso2 xxxx' and you should be fine ;)

If anybody was interested, I could give you the guide and walk you through it all from account creation to installing the game its self. The SEA (South East Asia) version has a full English localization, but it's a year+ behind in content and is harder to connect to because of the IP ban for anyone outside of the region.

There are a few things to note though: the English mods would get your account banned if you made it known that you use them as modding the game is against the TOS. Sega hasn't been out to get anyone using them so unless you tell them you should be fine.

There are also surprisingly quite a few English speaking people playing the game too, and hundreds using the proxy service (built into the installer) so there's people to play with.

Edit: Here is the guide I followed: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236
    The account creation is fairly easy with the exceptions of the 'Japanese Captcha Boss' and one of the last steps being out of date requiring you to log into the account a second time and entering the captcha again.
    Last edited by Marvin; 12-24-2015 at 10:12 AM.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! MrShlopalopagus's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Cool, now people will definitely check it out since you put up the guide! I would try to play, but other games have my current attention and I am saving alot of my MMO hype for black desert.