Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! PhilFresh718's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Wireless 7.1 headset

I'm interested in purchasing a 7.1 surround sound gaming headset when I get home. Any suggestions/ones that you swear by? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wireless in gaming headsets are a very touchy subject as the functionality can be iffy. I have friends who's headsets constantly drop connection due to interference and I have friends who have a good wireless headset.

My recommendation is the steel series H series if you aren't restricted by a budget. Since it is in the $250-$300 range depending if you can find a sale or not.

Rashemen

I use Razer Tiamat 7.1 head phones £180 here i think it'll be about $260.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you don't mind them being wired, the Razer Tiamat 7.1 surround sound headphones are great. It's real analogue surround, not emulated stereo.

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I got Logitech G930's myself. Work phenomenally.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Just got my Logitech G930 two days ago. Love it.

...and this is coming from a guy that has three different types of headsets depending on what I'm doing (gaming, music mixing / production or noise canceling).

Picked it up on Amazon for $70.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! PhilFresh718's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah I currently have a g430 and I like Logitech. What made you get the g930 not the g933? Also how loud are they? My biggest problem is I usually have to lower the game volume to hear people on teamspeak and then it can be hard to hear it the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat.. Subadaga's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm currently using a Corsair Void (Wireless version); It has a pretty good sound quality, battery life and customization.

On the other hand the drivers are pretty messy (but have improved since I first used it); specially if you have this Realtek thing.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

To be honest, I think the main reason I went with the G930 was because of what Swifty had mentioned in regards to wireless headsets being kinda' iffy.

I have always had that same stance (especially in being somewhat of an audiophile with certain things). Prior to joining in with AOD, I hadn't been involved in any clan-based games for a while where involvement in TS was critical. I would play BF4 and such, but wasn't part of a clan or anything.

I had a wired headset / mic that was pretty good and served its purpose, but the other day, I just really got fed up with the cables :)

I didn't want to throw $200 at a wireless headset if there were still issues with the technology so I figured I would try out the cheaper model and see how it went. I thought that maybe if I really came to like it and it would be a suitable replacement for any other headsets, later on I could get the better model.

I *did* have an issue when I first installed the Logitech software, which is required to use the 7.1 capability, but uninstalled it since I'm working on a new build anyway. The signal would keep dropping every 10-15 seconds (even with the receiver right next to me) and it was like the PC kept discovering a new USB device. After the uninstall, the issue went away and the headset works perfectly fine without the Logitech software. The only thing I don't like is having to go into the Sound settings in the Control Panel and set the headset to be the "default device" for audio playback. That might be something that's not required when I have the Logitech software installed so I suppose I'll see when I move over to the new build.

I love that there's a wheel on the headset to control the volume level and to also hard mute the mic. In regards to the sound of in-game w/ TS, I usually adjust the in-game sound manually to be at a lower level so that I can hear better on TS, but there are assignable hot keys that I'm willing to bet you could use to adjust the different volume levels for each on the fly if you wanted to. Again, part of needing to have the Logitech software so I'll try that one out soon enough. The overall sound quality is good as well, but there isn't much "umph" when it comes to the lows / bass. Maybe it sounds a little better in 7.1 mode, though.

It has about a 40 ft. range, which should be fine for me, but I like being able to get up and walk around and step right outside onto my patio for a smoke while being able to keep the headset on.

Either way, like I said, the main reason I even got it was because I was tired of the friggin' cables of the other headset (I know, I'm weird...) but others may have different reasons for wanting to try one out. I just figured that for $60 bucks, was worth a shot :)