Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Nathan-rodger7's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Team speak app

Hi guys I was wondering if I bought the team speak app on my phone so I could attend a few meetings whilst I was away would I keep my same name or would I need to add something to my name to say yeah I'm on my phone not laptop if you all get me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't remember exactly but you will be logging as a new user so they have to add you to AOD group on TS to get your permissions and then you have to set your name up and everything. Once you get an officer to do those things you can use it like normal. Adding a 'Phone' or 'Mobile' to your name wouldn't hurt though, lets people know that you will not be joining the games after the meeting and etc.

Remember to change your name on both devices when you get a promotion or something though :)

Edit: On second thought, if you get your TS identity and use it on the app on your phone you might not need an officer to set you up or anything. I don't know if you can change the identity on the app or not, but if you can you will be logging from the same 'user account' your desktop TS uses. That would help, since officers won't need to do stuff on both of your accounts if something changes. However, you will probably still need to change your name on both devices when getting a promotion, no escape from that :)
    Last edited by nonfic; 12-29-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Nathan-rodger7's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Haha that's okay I will ask an officer tonight when I jump on just thought it might help as the meetings are on a sat and I am away 99.9% of the sats but yeah I guess i can't escape the promotion change to my name haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk