Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Wireless Headsets

Hey guys (& gals)

I am in need of a new headset, after the last 2 have had their wires chewed/pulled/otherwise broken by the dogs, so am thinking wireless.

Anyone have any suggestions? I ideally would like something with a microphone but that would be an optional extra sort of deal.

Battery life being important (I spend a LOT of time gaming)
    Sound quality would also be important (so can be used to listen to music etc - naturally I do not expect it to be as good as wired options)

Any help?

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I kwahamoT's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am very against wireless stuff just because of my previous experience with them.
    Mouses are a no.
    Keyboards are a no.

Headsets are dependent on themselves. I had PX5's for my console for a very long time and the biggest problem I had was the battery life and that the sound quality wasn't great.
    Although personally I don't know what to get, go for more reliable manufactures. I have a wireless headset for my PC from razer that I use while watching films or TV shows. Only problem is that the battery doesn't last that long.

I'm not sure what your budget is but get a microphone separately to sit on your desk, I personally like the Razer SEIRĒN and maybe a wireless headset.

I have two dogs and I ended up getting a very large desk and just put my computer on the desk so that all the leads were out of the dogs reach.

Look at all the reviews, battery life and that.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the input, cant use separate mic due to it picking up too much extra noise in background and having wires hidden away is not an option due to not being able to re0jig the pc setup due to lack of space where I live (amongst some other things).

Have always stayed away from razor as historically they had a rep for using their name over quality or just putting a premium on for their name, both of which I avoid.

If I had the spare space would love to have my PC in its own room with large desk etc, but currenly sitting in the hallway with 4 dogs coming past, 2 of which insist on jumping up & getting caught in the headphone wires (the other 2 have been trained not to, but these two one is old and the other young).

Will keep looking around review sites etc, but each site tends to recommend a different one

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Shadowsworn's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

will say that i love my afterglow headset i was given as a christmas gift a year or two ago, the head band cracked but i simply taped it up and it's still working good and doesn't require batteries at all, it charges via usb cable.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

For me, if it's not sennheiser then it's a no go

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have some of their in-ear's and the sound Q is amazing, struggling to find their wireless headset with mic today (thought I found it yday) - also they are pretty pricey

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Seems I didnt find one yday and was just confused (those of you who know what I mean by "brain fog" will understand). Oops.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! eviLjeD's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Shadowsworn View Post
    will say that i love my afterglow headset i was given as a christmas gift a year or two ago, the head band cracked but i simply taped it up and it's still working good and doesn't require batteries at all, it charges via usb cable.
    My afterglow wireless struggles to be found as a WIN7 device and sits on the shelf despite my best efforts. using a $5 garage sale mic atm.