Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default How would a Silent Hill: MMO work?

I always loved the franchise and was upset like everyone else when the new one got canceled. How ever they are doing a new movie for 2017 I believe. It got me wondering, if they were to a silent hill as an MMO in anyway, how would you think it would be as?

personally I feel it would be similar to the secret world (hopefully with better fighting mechanics)

How do you think it would run as?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Silent Hill would not be a good MMO for a simple reason. The theme of the game is a personal horror story. Making it multiplayer would drastically take away the spirit of Silent Hill. That being said, if you are looking for an MMO that is along the same theme as Silent Hill then I would check out The Secret World. You can check it out on Steam at: http://store.steampowered.com/app/215280/.

I have been playing the game off an on since beta. (Even have a lifetime membership) It is a solid modern horror MMO. It is a hard game that does not hand you anything, and gives very rewarding missions that make you think and solve puzzles if that is your thing. If you do decide to get involved in the game and get to the end game I can hook you up with a friendly group of people that would be more than happy to help you get to the end game.

This is not the Bandu you're looking for. Bandu's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I totally agree. Making Silent Hill into an MMO will take the eerie, lonely, dark place horror of it. Another thing to think about, and this is just an opinion, MMO are not as popular as they were before. I think that time has passed and MOBA style games are on the rise.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Adapt1ve View Post
    Silent Hill would not be a good MMO for a simple reason. The theme of the game is a personal horror story. Making it multiplayer would drastically take away the spirit of Silent Hill. That being said, if you are looking for an MMO that is along the same theme as Silent Hill then I would check out The Secret World. You can check it out on Steam at: http://store.steampowered.com/app/215280/.

I have been playing the game off an on since beta. (Even have a lifetime membership) It is a solid modern horror MMO. It is a hard game that does not hand you anything, and gives very rewarding missions that make you think and solve puzzles if that is your thing. If you do decide to get involved in the game and get to the end game I can hook you up with a friendly group of people that would be more than happy to help you get to the end game.
    yes I've played the secret world...
    lol I was hoping you would pick up on that when I mentioned it in my original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Zusheqiel View Post
    personally I feel it would be similar to the secret world (hopefully with better fighting mechanics)