Hey guys need a quick advice. I am a student and I am at my final semester of school, I had some money saved up just in case I needed an extra semester etc. etc. but looks like I won't so I am thinking of spending it...idk.

I have decided that I can maybe spend around $1500-$2000ish CDN doller if I do spend and not take a big hit on the bank. So here is the breakdown.

My specs should be on my profile. I already own a ps4, so here are the 3 options:
1). Buy Xbox One and couple of games, save the rest of the money (i.e. probobly looking at the elite bundle and couple of games which should net me a cost of $600ish dollar)

2). Upgrade by gpu and go for a sli setup and buy a second monitor (if possible)

3). Do nothing and keep saving.

If I do go with the gpu route I can maybe send that much. Is that enough for sli gpu and maybe a better monitor?

I only bought a 970 in the first place because it was the best bang for the buck then. I bought my rampage board way later, like around the end of 2015. The work I do was mostly cpu bound.

So as you can see here, during simulation having more powerful cores is pretty useful, and this is running a simple turbulence model .

Anyway right now with 3 120mm noctua fans with the low noise adaptor and a single 140 mm corsiar fan as exhaust using its low noise adapter I get a gpu idle of 29c with a load of 60c in my H440. My cpu with the kraken is set to intake at the top and you can see its load temperature, at idle it can sometimes drop to maybe 20-25c. So what would the limiting factor be for a gpu upgrade if say I am running a 1000w psu as well?

OR I could just say fuck it and save the money, the system is good just that I don't reach nowhere near the 144fps limit of my monitor in ultra. If I do go sli I would maybe consider buying a high res monitor and keeping this asus on as a second monitor.

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms