Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Looking for Headset!

Hello, it's me....

Okay no.

I am looking for a new headset as my one currently.. is a £10 from EBAY. (AKA best on the market, obviously).
    I am open to suggestions.
    I have been told about the Hyperx Cloud 2. The sound is apparently amazing but the microphone isn't anything too special.

I need amazing sound and decent microphone into one.

My budget is below £150. (Can go a little over).

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Boba's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I know it's not the norm but I have really liked my Sony MDR1R headphones. They are more of a premium studio style headset and I just have a standalone cheap microphone on my desk. I've never had anyone complain about sound quality before.

Personally I don't like something right in front of my mouth all the time.

They are a little more than you want to spend but I would suggest at least considering the mic on the desk option.

Hope you find something you like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I have your Tots LongShot_Zor's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I will prefer two here that I have seen good reviews about

First is: Corsair Void SE Wireless Gaming Headset. http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming...s=Corsair+Void

Second is: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech%A0G63...iglink20390-20
    I would chose the first one by Corsair. The comfort is great on these and for the price you can't beat it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sennheiser or bust

Banned from Forums TheAlphaDogs09's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

As most people would say.

Turtlebeach ;)

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TheAlphaDogs09 View Post
    As most people would say.

Turtlebeach ;)
    God alone knows why they would say that.

Depends on what you want to use it for, Sennheiser are awesome for sound quality etc, no idea about comfort but judging by the reviews around this company comes out near the top often, however it is also possibly out of your price range (around £200-250 last time I weeped at one of their sets).

TurtleBeach have their name, but from all the searching I have done (was looking in to wireless headsets a few weeks ago, ended up side tracking in to wired headsets as well) only one or two models are truly good, the rest trade on their name and have issues. (Also I dont like them as of the two I have owned both have been returned faulty)
    Corsair, they do good gaming stuff, cant comment really on headsets.
    Others that I have seen come up; Razor, some others.

I tend to default my searches to big named review pages & then look through forums. PCGamer did a review a while ago putting a Steelseries top, but these are WIRELESS.

One thing to bare in mind with a lot of suggestions is a surprising number of people play with headphones (not headsets) + mic separately (like BobasHenchman above). When searching the difference (took me ages to work it out - I am slow at times) is headphone vs headset.

Sorry cannot give definitive links but when it comes to perhiphirals personal taste comes in to it far more than "what gfx card is good" :)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I personally use a Razer Kraken. They are crisp, clear, comfortable, sturdy & the 7.1 is amazing. Some people have issues with the software but I haven't had any in the 4 years I've been using it (software). The bass is great and it sound cancels like a boss.

Sometimes I just sit at my desk with my eyes closed and listen to dubstep wile my brain melts.

I'f I had to go with another brand I would get Corsair or Steelseries. They both have great reputations, decent customer support & you could definitely find what you need with your budget.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hey mate,

Hyper X is such a gorgeous headset they have 2 sets of ear cups. The sound is gorgeous and the microphone is actually not that bad it's detachable so you could buy another boom microphone if you feel so inclined and I had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service I broke my boom microphone and they sent me a free replacement in less than a week.

However when that headset broke I did not go back to it, instead I purchased the Corsair Raptor HS40 which is wired with 7.1 fairly short usb cable but you can always buy extensions and it's price point is pretty good.

Wireless I would recommend Logitech G930 or the newer version which is fairly more expensive
    Wired I would recommend Kingston Hyper X

I just do this shit for my click like Adam Sandler Rex Crater's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ive been using a Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset for a couple months after going though a ridiculous amount of Turtle Beaches and I really enjoy them. lots of useful features with the retractable mic and folding cups as well as the software. Mic and sound quality are great. the software did tweak out a bit with steam for a day or two where I would have to close Synapse for it to pick up my mic, but it seemed to fix itself with a update. Also, one thing about this headset is that its a very, very tight fit for some people. I almost returned it because I have a big head and at first it felt like a vice on my skull, but i got used to it even though I still wouldn't consider them very comfortable.

Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo Neotoad's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BobasHenchman View Post
    I know it's not the norm but I have really liked my Sony MDR1R headphones. They are more of a premium studio style headset and I just have a standalone cheap microphone on my desk. I've never had anyone complain about sound quality before.

Personally I don't like something right in front of my mouth all the time.

They are a little more than you want to spend but I would suggest at least considering the mic on the desk option.

Hope you find something you like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Similar setup here. AudioTechnica ATHM50 cans and a blue snowflake USB mic. I think i sound okay in Vent...

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I kwahamoT's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I am still looking.

Knee High to a Worms Ass THEPERKULATER's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ive had great luck with my razer megolodon. Its a few years old but if you can pick one up somewhere they are probably fairly cheap by now

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I ended up going with the Corsair Void RGB Headset... it was an upgrade to the Corsair 2000 that I had previously. I tried out sennheiser and ended up returning them when I was unable to hear the difference for the exorbitant price tag.

Quick review... they are very comfortable for long game play sessions (or for hours listening to music while writing papers!!), sound is flat out amazing for the price. I don't claim to be an audiophile or anything, but they sound the same as the Sennheiser PC 363D at less than half the price... AND WIRELESS.

Very happy with the Void RGB.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I used to own Logitech G-430 7.1 Gaming Headset.most comfy headset i ve ever owned.
    Recently purchased razer kraken and i must say my ears hurt after an hour of constant use and lacks volume control on the cable.
    So i d suggest logitech from my experience.

Can I have your Tots Icyhearted's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_kwahamoT View Post
    Hello, it's me....

Okay no.

I am looking for a new headset as my one currently.. is a £10 from EBAY. (AKA best on the market, obviously).
    I am open to suggestions.
    I have been told about the Hyperx Cloud 2. The sound is apparently amazing but the microphone isn't anything too special.

I need amazing sound and decent microphone into one.

My budget is below £150. (Can go a little over).

here is a really good set of headphones i personally use, the sound is amazing, yea its a hard mic set up but the sound quality is unsurmounted, theyre Sades SA-902 http://www.amazon.com/Sades-SA-902-S.../dp/B00HEXKAO2 or if you want pounds http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sades-SA-902.../dp/B00FFHBVAG theres more expensive ones found here that might tickle your fancy better than i could afford at the time but for $30 theyre amazing