Hi All,

I've recently been accepted into AOD as a recruit and figured I would make a post introducing myself.

My nickname is Blutkind. I'm 31 and have been in and around gaming since 1991 (i think).
I'm from New Zealand and have lived here most of my life. (2 years in Canberra, Australia & 2 years in Manchester, England)
I currently work in IT, although am ex-Infantryman in the Royal New Zealand Army.

My first involvement with online games came in the form of LORD (Legend of the Red Dragon) on local BBS Servers. From there it all went downhill and I was hooked on online gaming. My first engagement with online communities was with -AAT-. A Call of Duty 4 can based out of Australia. Some good times had there, however ultimately I decided to leave and form my own clan -CIG-. This was to be another CoD4 clan, however we focused more on the tournament side of things and ended up going to Auckland to compete in Xlan and ended up placing 2nd. I disbanded this clan after 2 years as playing at a high level quickly burnt out the enjoyment of the game. The tournament team went on to win the following Xlan and represent Nz in Australia.

I remained clanless for a while, drifting with the current and playing games here and there until I came across 116th in World of Tanks. A professional and structured group, I was immediately interested. I signed up and was accepted. After seeing how things we working, I could see that I could help things along. After 2 years (and much work) I was promoted to Xo of the clan and was responsible for day to day operations, Teamspeak administration and was the Webmaster. Naturally, this was a lot of work and after a year and a bit decided I needed a clean start. So I resigned from the 116th and applied here.
This may seem strange to some, however to me, Had I remained within the 116th as a normal member, I would have still been the 'old-Xo', former Webmaster and TS Admin, and would still constantly be asked to help with things. That, and my opinions would still carry weight. Here, I am just the FNG :)

War Thunder has become my primary go to game. I play a lot of different ones, but always find time for War Thunder.
I started playing this back in 2013 and have managed to clock up around 3500 hours so far.
I have reached Tier V in all nations, ground and air with the exception of the new British tanks which I am working on currently.
I play primarily Realistic or Simulator, however will be happy to much around in Arcade from time to time.
More than happy to sit and share my knowledge of the game and tactics with you all.

Finally, I am also a member of the War Thunder Staff. I am a Game Master. I have been doing this for the past year now. This means that I handle all the complaints and reports from players, and act upon there where required. If you have any problems or questions in this regard, feel free to grab me and ask, and If I can answer them, I shall.

Thank you for accepting me into your family, and look forward to getting to know you all better.