Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Omg Karaoke Party

Hello everybody,

Recently I was thinking, and I had an idea come to me that was would either turn out really bad or possibly really good. :P

I used to mess around with the website karaokeparty.com. Basically you pick out a song and try to hit the pitches with the lyrics, and whoever is most accurate/has a steady pitch gets the most points and wins.

I was wondering what would happen if some people wanted to try this over here sometime. :P Would be interesting, especially if everybody had their mics set to voice activated, haha.

When I was double checking the site, it doesn't seem to like it that I'm from the US and trying to access it. I'm pretty sure a proxy or something would fix that, but I never bothered to try :(. Other than that I would assume that EU has access to it.

So yeah, just throwing that out there if anybody wants to do something with it. I *might* take part in it if I am home alone, lol.

If anybody does do this I recommend Titanium. Water is a very good idea too. Your throat may be in pain but that is completely normal. :D

Regards,
    Beavery

A closed mouth gathers no foot AOD Member AOD_Ufftack's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

That is an interesting idea! I always like seeing members sharing new ideas for the AOD community. Although singing in a team speak server would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Kestah View Post
    I prefer to say I "provided some coaching"
    Burn the heretic.
    Kill the mutant.
    Purge the unclean.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I was doing my thinking, as always, and came up with a possible event idea:

What if we had a karaoke battle starring officers from each division and/or trial division?

The division members can nominate an officer from their division that they want to represent them, and also select an alternate officer in case the original is unable to attend, or just chickens out. :P Then, the officers will face off to see who scores the most points.

There would be 3 songs. One chosen by vote from all participants singing, one chosen by vote from any AOD member, and then another would be determined another way(Perhaps the funniest song we can find?).

I don't know what would be a good idea is for a reward. Maybe if somebody wanted to make some sort of badge, and the winner gets it on the forums? If people like it, then perhaps it could happen bi-annually, and the previous winner would have to compete again to keep their badge, or give it to the next winner.

What's your guys' thoughts on that?

A closed mouth gathers no foot AOD Member AOD_Ufftack's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Sounds cool but please no dubstep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Kestah View Post
    I prefer to say I "provided some coaching"