Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Posting changes?

Hey guys,

This is like the second time in a row that I messed up on one of my posts, and I noticed there is no edit option after you submit the post. Is there even a fat chance that we would be allowed to do this? It's probably annoying to more than just me having to double post correcting myself the second time around, likewise to everyone else. Is this an AOD only permission?

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by Spheckledorf View Post
    Hey guys,

This is like the second time in a row that I messed up on one of my posts, and I noticed there is no edit option after you submit the post. Is there even a fat chance that we would be allowed to do this? It's probably annoying to more than just me having to double post correcting myself the second time around, likewise to everyone else. Is this an AOD only permission?
    The ability to edit a post is only available to regular members for 5 minutes after the post is made. The reason for taking away the ability to edit a post infinitely is because this essentially makes people accountable for what they post. Someone who decides to go on a tirade in a post will have to accept the consequences of his or her actions, rather than have the ability to go back and "rewrite history".

To avoid issues like this, we always recommend that you double-read and even triple-read what you post before you submit.

Banned from Forums Shpeckledorf's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Ah, I understand. Will do.