If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Flying in sim mode

Any other flight sim I have ever played, I have always flown the most realistic mode I could, and don't remember ever having trouble flying. The only time I was ever allowed to fly a real plane, I managed to keep it straight and level with no trouble. In this game, with two joysticks tried, I can't even seem to do that, much less dogfight. So much for getting an A26.

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh, and when I type about "every other simulator", one of those was a USAF C130 flight simulator, in which I managed to take off with no trouble, much to the amazement of the USAF instructor that ran the sim. This was one with hydraulics that rocked the module we were in, and separate screens for each of the cockpit windows. (Of course, it's not always smart to surprise a flight instructor. This one flipped the switches to flame-out 3 of my engines, then shut down the simulator when we were bouncing around some 300' below ground level)

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! xtermin8r69's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Have you tried setting the trim buttons and using that to level out the plane? I just started on flying in sim mode and I've been flying sims for a long time. Not sure if I will continue with it here. I just have more fun with arcade and realistic.

Here's a video on trimming.