Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Ossym's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Oculus rift

I'm thinking about pre ordering the oculus rift. Is anyone here going to get it?
    What are your thoughts on the content it will have?
    I know a lot of games will support it in the future, but I'm struggling with the price point of $700... if I'm going to spend the much on a computer peripheral, I want to get my money's worth, but by the time all the games come out for it the price will probably drop.
    Just curious if you all think it's too much or if it's going to be worth it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't know a ton about the rift, however I'll probably be waiting to buy. Not sure how long, but hopefully until technology advances further or it gets cheaper.

What I DO know is that space games look like they'd be several times better with the rift, if you get the feeling you are in that ship and in the environment.

But yeah, I'm definitely waiting on it. Being a high school senior I don't have much money to throw around anyways.

Here's a video of Eve Valkyrie that makes the OR look like it would be amazing. :P Although I haven't heard the best things about CCP and the way they handle their games recently.

remember to make your offerings to the RNG gods daily. bearpw's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I bought the Rift DK2, and I would recommend waiting. As of right now there are simply not enough games or programs that have oculus rift support, and those that do are usually tacked on and dont work well. Now this might change once the full rift hits shelves, but it will take time.