Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Looking for NFS buddies

Hey! So I recently picked up the new Need For Speed game, the rebooted title. It's the one that is currently plastered all over the home page of Origin, if you were unclear. Anyways, I'm looking for people to run around the city with, so anyone and everyone is welcome to add me on Origin and we can set up something from there, as I'm sure our schedules are different. My Origin name is just "Bugzby" and my profile picture is just me sitting on top of my car. Thanks guys!

Can I have your Tots SithHunter's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

How is it? I've read reviews that were decidedly mixed but the only reason I've really held back is that I need a new GPU for my laptop. My GTX 680m (Roughly a GTX 660 desktop) won't really hold up very well without dropping the graphic settings through the floor.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So far, I'm really liking it. I haven't finished it yet, and there are some parts that are pretty bad. Worst of all is the occasional, forced, unskipable live-action cut scenes. These are used to keep the story "interesting" but all it really is for me is a chance to go do something else real quick. Another thing is the lack of a pause button. Seems simple, I know, but it really is a pain sometimes. This means that if you are in the middle of a long race and something comes up that you need to tend to, you either finish the race, or have to restart/exit the race. There is no pause. That being said, this game looks and sounds incredible. All the cars have their own sound, and I think they really nailed it. Where the game really shines is the visual/performance options you can do to the cars. Some cars have more options for visual modification than others, but almost no car will leave you empty handed. Though, if you are someone who's not interested in customization and building your very own "dream garage" it may be best for you to keep looking for other racing games. And, of course, the racing style is just as un-realistic as you would expect. That's not to say it isn't fun, I think it's a blast. But if you are more into simulators that punish you dearly for entering a corner too late, or using too much throttle, this is not the game for you. I got the deluxe edition ($70) and really all it comes with is a tricked out BMW M3 from the older NFS games (a sort of throwback if you will) and some mid-level performance parts that would be otherwise unattainable until later levels.

TLDR: It's an excellent time waster, has a crap story/cutscene system, awesome car customization, well sorted visuals and sound, and encourages you to drive more like an arcade game than a simulator.

If you have any more questions, let me know and I'd be happy to answer.