Can I have your Tots BlueJuicyJello's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Geekout Introduction

Hello everyone. My name is Blueberry_Jello. Kind of a generic name but I like it.

Anyways, I'm not exactly sure what to say., other than hello. I guess I could say some stuff about myself.

I'm 18 years of age, hurrah.
    I live in Texas
    My First name is Bryan.
    Some of the video games I play are Battlefield 3 & 4, PlanetSide 2, Sid Meier's Civilization 5 - with all the expansions, Rust - sometimes, and a few other games...that aren't at the top of my head right now.

Anyways, hopefully this is good enough for an introduction. Hopefully I'm not being a complete dumbass and completely oblivious to an actual Introduction forum section.

I plan to become a member in the future as well.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hi Jello, nice to meet you. :D

If you didn't already figure it out yourself, I can outline the steps you would take to become a member when you decide to join us.

I see you already set which division you want on your profile, however you will need to officially apply to that division to be considered a member. Just click the red "APPLY HERE" button on the top of the page, then select which division you think you will put the most time into. Once you are officially applied and are processed by an officer in that division, you should get access to the Ts3 and will be able to access division-specific forums.

After that you can apply to other divisions, for example Battlefield 4(I'm pretty sure they have it in BF4) as part-time. This means you aren't a full-time member of that division, yet you can stop by and play it with them whenever you feel like it. Not that you are required to be part-time in order to play with the guys, but it's generally easier for the members in leadership roles when things are documented.

So yeah :p welcome aboard whenever you decide to sign up.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_beavery1 View Post
    Hi Jello, nice to meet you. :D

If you didn't already figure it out yourself, I can outline the steps you would take to become a member when you decide to join us.

I see you already set which division you want on your profile, however you will need to officially apply to that division to be considered a member. Just click the red "APPLY HERE" button on the top of the page, then select which division you think you will put the most time into. Once you are officially applied and are processed by an officer in that division, you should get access to the Ts3 and will be able to access division-specific forums.

After that you can apply to other divisions, for example Battlefield 4(I'm pretty sure they have it in BF4) as part-time. This means you aren't a full-time member of that division, yet you can stop by and play it with them whenever you feel like it. Not that you are required to be part-time in order to play with the guys, but it's generally easier for the members in leadership roles when things are documented.

So yeah :p welcome aboard whenever you decide to sign up.
    I really appreciate the welcome

I'm just looking for somewhere to start new. I honestly do but don't want to become s member mainly because I just don't have the chance meet anyone. I guess forum wise but meeting someone via voice is way more important to me than anything. But I'm happy to be here. I don't know how long my activity in this community will last for though? Am I required to be on a specific amount of time? I do know, or am guessing, administrators have those kind of requirements.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm a little confused as to seeing where you are coming from. :P Being a gaming community(focuses on community rather than skill), the goal is for people to hang out and have fun with whatever games they are playing.

Regarding meeting people in voice chat, you can do that as much as you want, provided you are already a member. We have a Teamspeak 3 server dedicated to AOD, however the address and password are only given out by an officer during your recruitment process. Then you will meet and talk with them a little, go over some rules and stuff maybe, then you will be dropped off in your respective division room. From then on you can talk to/group up with anybody who is playing with you at the time.

As for activity, what you're saying is a bit vague, but these might answer your question about it:

1. Members are able to go on LOAs(Leave of Action), in which the member will be inactive over the period that they designate. Reasons for this can be school, military deployment, medical, etc. As long as you have a valid reason, and that it is ok'ed by your respective division officers(At least if it's a non-standard reason you need it).

2. If you find out that for some reason you feel you don't fit in very well here (which is probably impossible, I hope D: ), obviously it's entirely up to you if you'd like to retire and move on to other things. I'm not sure if this applies to all divisions, but I believe there is usually an open door policy where if you change your mind later, you are welcome back.

Other than this, when your status is 'Active', this means you should be active in your main division. For example, in World of Tanks(Wargaming Division), the rule is you should play once per week, and post on the forums once every two weeks. You'll survive if you don't always meet the requirement, but if you are consistently inactive it's possible to lose your rank/member status when they clean out inactive players.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm a little confused as to seeing where you are coming from. :P Being a gaming community(focuses on community rather than skill), the goal is for people to hang out and have fun with whatever games they are playing.

Regarding meeting people in voice chat, you can do that as much as you want, provided you are already a member. We have a Teamspeak 3 server dedicated to AOD, however the address and password are only given out by an officer during your recruitment process. Then you will meet and talk with them a little, go over some rules and stuff maybe, then you will be dropped off in your respective division room. From then on you can talk to/group up with anybody who is playing with you at the time.

As for activity, what you're saying is a bit vague, but these might answer your question about it:

1. Members are able to go on LOAs(Leave of Action), in which the member will be inactive over the period that they designate. Reasons for this can be school, military deployment, medical, etc. As long as you have a valid reason, and that it is ok'ed by your respective division officers(At least if it's a non-standard reason you need it).

2. If you find out that for some reason you feel you don't fit in very well here (which is probably impossible, I hope D: ), obviously it's entirely up to you if you'd like to retire and move on to other things. I'm not sure if this applies to all divisions, but I believe there is usually an open door policy where if you change your mind later, you are welcome back.

Other than this, when your status is 'Active', this means you should be active in your main division. For example, in World of Tanks(Wargaming Division), the rule is you should play once per week, and post on the forums once every two weeks. You'll survive if you don't always meet the requirement, but if you are consistently inactive it's possible to lose your rank/member status when they clean out inactive players.
    Thank you for answering my questions. :) I really appreciate it, I have two more question for you. I got word that it's okay to play with other sections, but what if you get burnt out of planet side or a game, can you take a break from division for like a week and play within another?

Also, I'd presume Friday night and Saturday night are prime times for your TeamSpeak. How active is the TeamSpeak server during the week? Usually nearish the evening

Also, I'm convinced. Thank you. :) expect an application from me soon. Thank you

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yep, like I said you are welcome to go part-time in some divisions, and it's ok if you take a 1-2 week break from you main game. However, if you burn out where you feel you won't be playing the game for a long time again, you are able to switch to another division to set as your main division. This shouldn't be done extremely often, only if you know you are going to have trouble playing your main game.

Also, to clarify the part-time vs full-time, both mean you can play with that division anytime you want to, the difference is just that full-time is the one you put most of your time into. The division structures(lists of full/part-time members) are just there to organize everybody, however they don't get in the way of everybody being able to play together as a whole, regardless of what main division they are from.

Whenever I go past the planetside room it looks pretty packed to me. Easily 15-30(maybe even 20-50, I never really counted). Needless to say lots of people to play with, and from what I hear you should be able to join up with a platoon of our guys pretty easily. Then, as mentioned before, if you see guys in other divisions playing games you have, you are free to join their channel and see if you can join anybody in that game.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yep, like I said you are welcome to go part-time in some divisions, and it's ok if you take a 1-2 week break from you main game. However, if you burn out where you feel you won't be playing the game for a long time again, you are able to switch to another division to set as your main division. This shouldn't be done extremely often, only if you know you are going to have trouble playing your main game.

Also, to clarify the part-time vs full-time, both mean you can play with that division anytime you want to, the difference is just that full-time is the one you put most of your time into. The division structures(lists of full/part-time members) are just there to organize everybody, however they don't get in the way of everybody being able to play together as a whole, regardless of what main division they are from.

Whenever I go past the planetside room it looks pretty packed to me. Easily 15-30(maybe even 20-50, I never really counted). Needless to say lots of people to play with, and from what I hear you should be able to join up with a platoon of our guys pretty easily. Then, as mentioned before, if you see guys in other divisions playing games you have, you are free to join their channel and see if you can join anybody in that game.
    Thank you for the fast replies. And helping me with my questions

How do I edit my post on my phone? My eyesight is really bad

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You have a five minute window to edit what you posted, otherwise it will be permanent, and only able to be changed by administrators.

I was going to quote what a Sgt said about it, but I can't seem to find it. Basically paraphrasing what he said, it will be locked in so you are responsible for what you post. Otherwise, I figure you could post dumb/outright rude things, then just edit it so you won't have to be accountable for breaking our Code of Conduct. Everybody has the 5 minute window, and the only time edits are made on a locked post are typically to update the original post on a thread with new information(For example, if AOD is looking into putting a division into a certain game that is in alpha, forum moderators may update the original post with a link to the latest update log/new feature that is important to people checking out that game).

So to answer your question, NO EDITING ON YOUR PHONE FOR YOU D: (Unless you are within 5 minutes).